No announcement yet.

Long Coral Snake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that site entry. I remember seeing this site. I forgot about the oddballs that had color variations via natural occurring genetics similar to albino criiters or our melinistic blackish in color whitetails often seen sw of Austin

Comment

My dad killed a couple in Brazoria county 2 years ago in the 40 inch range. Crazy, he hadn't seen a coral snake in like 20 years and then one year, saw multiple.

I'd say most are in the 24-30 inch range, but up to 40 is not necessarily all that rare.

Comment

Cool looking snake. Glad he got a pass.
        Whenever I see those snakes I think of two things.
        The staff in the 10 Commandments that comes to life and the arrow/snake James Earl Jones shoots at Conans warrior girlfriend
        Colors of snakes can be deceiving. Knowledge is power.

Comment

Those are the only snake I’ll catch . Only because I take them to A & M KINGSVILLE . They need all they can get . They use them to make anti-venom .

Comment

[ATTACH]974803[/ATTACH]

Comment

Coral snakes don't have fangs like a rattler, so are pretty harmless to people. Unless, you let one latch onto the webbing better your fingers, work its jaw side to side and rub a hole in your skin to let the venom ooze into you. People kill all snakes and then wonder why there are so many mice and rats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                Coral snakes don't have fangs like a rattler, so are pretty harmless to people. Unless, you let one latch onto the webbing better your fingers, work its jaw side to side and rub a hole in your skin to let the venom ooze into you. People kill all snakes and then wonder why there are so many mice and rats!!!
                Ah, grasshoppa, not so! A much repeated myth, but read this:

Comment

Working...
                X