Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=popo1984;13429952]
    Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
    .5” rain last week coupled with this Heat really kicked my garden in gear! Tomatoes are approaching 7’ tall!

What kind of mango is that? I haven't had good luck with my mango due to the freeze the last two years. Been going back and forth on trying avocado and guava.

Mango is Mallika, first year. Will
    Move in during the winter time is the plan. First year for my guava also, can’t wait for some fruit.

Also, trying out kappa/tapioca this year as well!
    No, it’s not marijuana!

Comment

my plants look like they're dying. The leaves are starting to shrivel and droop. Do you think I need to put some kind of shade over them? They are getting full sunlight. I water them good every evening.

Comment

[quote=Codypatt1;13430414]
        Originally posted by popo1984 View Post

Mango is Mallika, first year. Will
        Move in during the winter time is the plan. First year for my guava also, can’t wait for some fruit.

Also, trying out kappa/tapioca this year as well!
        No, it’s not marijuana!

How are you going to use the tapioca?

I have all citrus and loquat now but want probably try avocado this year. I have one more good spot in my back yard for a good sized tree so the avocado may work for me. I may try mango again I just don’t want to deal with the winter protection.

Comment

Mother in law gave to me to plant so not sure. She will be using it after I harvest. Keeps for a while from what I hear

Comment

First “harvest” from my very small garden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post

First “harvest” from my very small garden.

Nice! What’s your plans on the egg plant?

Comment

This post could be called...LIFE IN A VEGATATIVE STATE. The kitchen is filling up with tomatoes, peppers, squash, collards, beans,cucumbers, egg plant, blueberries, carrots, kale, ...not sure I can think of everything. Wife is doing best she can to process but the input is exceeding the output. Class B problem as my buddy would say.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                  Nice! What’s your plans on the egg plant?

Going to grill some. Going to do some in the air fryer.

Comment

I have been trying to be nice and green and just use 7 dust powder and some squishing elimination on my squash bugs. Not the borers... I have six 18 squash plants, including spaghetti squash and they are not playing nice.. so after this rain shower or so we get this week, getting out the Bayer and spraying them.. Hope they hold off on their damage...

Comment

Does anyone use blossom or tomato set spray for tomatoes, eggplant, etc? Your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Oh man, that would be devastating if that happened to my wife's garden! Sorry it happened to your as well! Please post up pics as it recovers. That's a real gut punch right there. Sure hope it does come back for y'all!

Most of everything is coming back. I picked the first squash today. It really set the tomatoes and peppers back. I didn’t think that they would survive. It killed all of the beans and lettuces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saturday morning's harvest...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7594.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	24546200

Name:	IMG_7595.jpg
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	24546201

Name:	IMG_7596.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	24546202

Name:	IMG_7597.jpg
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	24546203

Not sure how the corn will work out... Last week's storms beat it up pretty bad with the wind that preceded the rain... This is right as the wind/storm was blowing in... it lasted for probably 45 minutes...

Name:	IMG_7592.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	24546207

Here's the next batch of Jalapeno peppers/carrots/onion to be canned...

Name:	IMG_7619.jpg
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	24546204

Comment

Not getting very much but I’ll take it! Can someone help me remember what type of peppers I planted. The ones in the middle. The hail tore up my little marking sign and I can’t remember.

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post

Not getting very much but I’ll take it! Can someone help me remember what type of peppers I planted. The ones in the middle. The hail tore up my little marking sign and I can’t remember.

Looks kinda like a poblano to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post

They look like green chili's to me. Some people call them Anaheims.

Comment

Working...
                                X