No announcement yet.

Libertarians & Conservatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry XBow for hijacking your very interesting and I feel productive thread. It was Friday evening, a couple stiff gin-and-tonics and I got a little too chatty.

But that doesn't excuse it. Please accept my apology.

Bob Lee
    Last edited by boblee; 03-11-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post
      I'm sorry XBow for hijacking your very interest and I feel productive thread. It was Friday evening, a couple stiff gin-and-tonics and I got a little too chatty.

But that doesn't excuse it. Please accept my apology.

Bob Lee

Dude, no apologies necessary.

You didn't say anything offensive.

I think this thread is a bit enlightening as well.

It's all good

Comment

Generally speaking...

Conservatives - Religiously motivated and politically obsessed with the concept of America being a Christian nation (see Ted Cruz)

Libertarians - not so much (see Penn Jillete)

Penn Jillette on Libertarianism, Taxes, Trump, Clinton and Weed

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
        I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
          Generally speaking...

Conservatives - Religiously motivated and politically obsessed with the concept of America being a Christian nation (see Ted Cruz)

Libertarians - not so much (see Penn Jillete)

Penn Jillette on Libertarianism, Taxes, Trump, Clinton and Weed

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
          I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Thanks for sharing

Here's another one describing the differences

Comment

Judeo Christian beliefs were a large part of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. But , by all means it was not the ONLY voice in the room as noted by many historical documents. For me on a PERSONAL level it is VERY difficult to reconcile or pretend to reconcile that those Judeo Christian beliefs were the over-riding theme of any of those documents. If that was truly the case.........lets say..........other decisions would have been made as it pertains to our forming documents.

Comment

So Gary Johnson was some of y'alls man?.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................

Last edited by Traildust; 03-12-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                So Gary Johnson was some of y'alls man?.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXhR41lsEJY

No Gary Johnson represents a small minority of real Libertarians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

The only libertarian ive seen worth listening to is Rand Paul. I agree with a good bit of the things he says.
                    There would be no America had the Christian faith not dominated the decision making process.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      There would be no America had the Christian faith not dominated the decision making process.
                      Link?

Comment

Smh
                        No link needed, just a slight grasp of American history.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          Smh
                          No link needed, just a slight grasp of American history.

I guess the Texas schools that I grew up in did not teach me that.

Comment

Its not typical of schools to teach accurate hist. At any level.

Comment

I am curious what you did learn in those Tx schools

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                                Link?
                                Really? You don't believe that. Did you even go to school?

Comment

Working...
                                X