No announcement yet.

Disconnecting from cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I built PC and hooked it up to the TV. $500 is all you would have one if you are just streaming tv shows. I figured that's only 5 months of cable and I've been running the same pc since 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      And how much do these and Direct TV live cost compared to your cable bill?
      Our DirecTV bill was $148/month since they took off my $60/month loyalty credit last month. We had Prime Video anyway with our Prime account and had Netflix for years for movies/shows so the only new thing is Hulu live @ $53ish with taxes, etc so we are saving around $95/month. I will add HBO for $15/month when GOT comes back.

And we had already bought a new 65" TV at the beginning of the year...

Comment

And how much do these and Direct TV live cost compared to your cable bill?
        I pay $58/mo after taxes and can stream up to 5 devices at one time. Month to month so no contract. It has gone up about $10/mo since I started almost 2 years ago but is still a better deal for me than any other steaming services because of the sports options. I just shopped them when Vue went up and couldn't do any better. Cloud DVR with unlimited storage. It took a couple of months to adjust but we're never going back.

Comment

I guess I am lucky. My cable and internet combined run $122 total including all taxes and fees. Guess it wouldn't be much of a savings.

Comment

I need to do this. We mostly watch college football, the office, Big Bang theory, and chopped. I pay $250 for tv and internet through Comcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
              I need to do this. We mostly watch college football, the office, Big Bang theory, and chopped. I pay $250 for tv and internet through Comcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm at $275 for cable internet plus Netflix and Amazon Prime

I need to find a better way.

Comment

Holy cow!!!
                I remember when watching TV was FREE!!!
                Of course, there were only 3 channels!!!

Comment

Hey man do it!!! We cut cable about 4 years ago and don't regret it 1 bit!!! I know more about my kids than I ever did!!! Who needs 300 channels of bad new anyway, hey even the bedroom life gets better, there is no more distractions, more time for yall!!! DO IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!! Unless you don't like your family..........

Comment

So which is better? Hulu, Netflix or roku?

Comment

This site is a great source of information: https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/the-...d-august-2018/

Comment

I cut the cord about 10 years ago and never looked back!

Between Youtube, Netflix and Amazon Prime I certainly haven't felt a lack of video in my life

Comment

I pay $62 for frontier internet and $70 for direct tv now "go big" package which is 125 channels (includes local news, sports, discovery, sportsman). This price wont change and is month to month, so if you dont like it...go try hulu, sling, etc.

I need to find a better way.

Comment

Lol. You still gotta have the cable for HSD. THis always cracks me up.

You are not "cutting the cord". Lol. You are merely replacing the splitter with a ground block.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got rid of xfinity two weeks ago and have a couple of firesticks with netflicks and sling TV. I'm good with it but it's not as good as cable but I don't watch hardly any sports anymore and not a lot of TV. I still have cable for the internet and I'm saving really about 40 bucks a month when you add the internet and Sling TV costs. I may go back to cable since they are sending me letters saying I can get CTV and internet for the same price I am paying for internet.

Comment

I cut the cord back in Feb. and have been very happy. I did switch my phone service to ATT and at the time I got $15 off my monthly Directv Now payment. They also had a deal going on that if you bought 4 months of directv now upfront they would give you an AppleTv. got one at the ATT store, and then they accidently sent me an extra one. Bonus for me.

We have Directv Now, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix. We also have HBO Go, Nick Jr, and Disney Channel apps that you can use when you sign in with your Directv now account.

I went with Directv Now because I still wanted to get all the local channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX). I think the only other service at the time that provided all the local channels was PlaystationVue. You can also change packages and disconnect at anytime, which I think is pretty convenient, no contract.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X