• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers continue for Emmett and family!

Comment

Day 68 update. We had a pretty good streak of good news going before hitting a bump in the road today. We were worried about Emmett's ever increasing oxygen requirements. He went from mid 20% to mid 30% in a matter of a few days. After expressing concerns over it, the doctor agreed to do a blood gas and xray of his chest. The gas came back with slightly elevated C02, and the xray showed hazyness in his lungs. With his history of sickness, the doctor ordered all tests and antibiotics. They also switched Emmett back to the ventilator, but on CPAP still. I held Emmett's hand and a paci with sugar water on it to help him through the blood draws. One after another they tried and could not get it. Poor guy was killing me, as he would know when they were getting ready to stick him. He would tense up and squeeze my finger before the needle went in. Finally after the 6th attempt they called it. He's been a difficult stick from the start. In the mean time, his CBC and procalcitonin came back completely normal. Based on these results, the doctor called off the IV and antibiotics. It was a relief that they didn't have to continue sticking him. They did take a urine sample to test for another UTI.

After being hit with this news, we also learned that Emmett will be having an MRI done tomorrow, per orders from the infectious disease doctor. Since tomorrow is finally his last dose of Fluconazole that was being used to treat the blood infection he had, they want to see one last MRI before stopping this medication. It sounds like they're not planning on intubating him this go around, but he will have to get an IV and undergo sedation again. This will likely bump his oxygen requirements way up. It's discouraging when you're over two weeks behind schedule on switching to nasal cannula, and still having events that further delay it.

I don't want the bad news to cloud what good news we received today. Foremost, with today we finally eclipsed the 5 lb mark! Dad also failed to report yesterday that we upgraded to newborn diapers. With every ounce of weight Emmett he gets stronger and healthier. We need him to continue growing well in order to better tolerate surgery should he need it. Everyone has been bragging about his length too. He's now 16.5".

We're praying that everything comes back normal. Specifically, the MRI, the urine culture, and his C02. Hopefully he can get back on bubble CPAP tomorrow. Thank you all for your continued prayers for our little Emmett.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Emmett, family, and doctors are still in my prayers. It’s in Jesus Christ we pray, Amen

Comment

Keep fighting little buddy!
            Keeping y’all in my prayers.

Comment

Continued prayers for little Emmett.

Comment

Prayers up for Emmett

Comment

Daily prayers up!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Continued prayers for Emmett.

Comment

Prayer sent

Comment

Praying in Jesus’ name for you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That a boy Emmett keep it up buddy. Prayers up for you and your wife Solocam .. I couldn't imagine going through what y'all have been through. Glad to hear the positive updates.

Comment

Prayer sent and thankful lil man is gaining the weight he needs.

Comment

Lord we know there are going to be bumps along Emmett's path, but we have given him over to You Lord. Carry him through these early trials to make him strong. We pray Lord for clear tests and strong, healthy lungs that can cry out loudly in love for You Lord. Give him the blood of Your Son Jesus Lord to cover his life and heal his heart issues. Give him what he needs Lord God. He has already been a powerful witness for You. We ask You to continue this good work in him. Comfort mom and dad along with the rest of the family that they may have the confidence that comes in Your Hope and Promises. We here his Green Screen Family lift Emmett, Colton and Krystal up to You to fulfill all their needs in abundance. We come to you through the name that is above all names, Jesus Christ Your Son and our Savior, Amen.

Comment

Raffle is complete winner will be notified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X