No announcement yet.

Prayers for Mom & Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! All that in one day ... prayers of strength going up for all of you!

Comment

Thank you. Yeah, fortunately, the first day and the last day are the only 2 days like this. Next Monday there will be the softer chemo and only the one chemo plus radiation.

The radiation won't be too bad either - they targeted and mapped the spots last week, marking them like GPS markers. The machine will only hit those very small spots. No hair loss except those 4 or 5 spots.

Comment

prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent for your mom as well as the rest of the family.

Comment

Prayers continuing for the Family.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Im still praying i believe GOD has already moved on this situation. Satan we bind your hand now from this situation in JESUS name. To God be the glory.

Comment

Thanks, GarGuy!
                  Today is their 51st wedding anniversary!
                  Mom has been through a week of radiation, and her first chemo was last Monday. She felt fine until about Thursday, and then the fatigue hit and all she wanted to do was sleep until midday yesterday. She still has a positive attitude and feels like she is going to KCA!
                  Round two starts tomorrow!

Joshua 1:9
                  "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Comment

Mom thought her BP was messed up and causing the fatigue so on Monday they checked it. Sure enough it was very low. The heart doc took her off the beta blockers for now to see if that helps.

I asked if they took her BP every day and she said no but she would ask for the time being for MY peace of mind. LOL.

In the meantime, Dad needs some prayers. He's taking this way too hard and is convinced of the worst possible outcome. He's also become quite protective (isolationist) about Mom. We are trying to keep him positive.

He asked me why I could be so positive? I was shocked and told him because we have prayer warriors and we have faith and most of all we have God. The docs said treatment has a high success rate and long term survival is over 10 years. What is there to be depressed about?

Comment

Tracey, I can sympathize with your dad ... I seemed to take it much harder than Tina did, when she got the news. In time, I accepted it, and it just becomes another "thing" in your life. I hope that he, too, will come to terms with all of this. Tina and I are both believers that a positive attitude is a large part of winning the fight.

Comment

Latest update -

Mom visited with the radiologist yesterday.

Wait, it just occurred to me that with the problem logging in last week I missed an update. The radiologist likes to do lots of analyses (one of his undergrad degrees is electrical engineering). He overlayed the CT scan and the PET scan to see if there were any differences. He saw some nodes in her esophagus that were larger on the PET scan but did not glow for cancer. The esophagus was elongated like a squished tennis ball. He said this means they are essentially pre-cancerous and he decided to hit them with radiation to get a step ahead. Sweet!

Fast forward to yesterday - He said the radiation is working and shrinking the tumor and the lymph nodes. In fact, her esophagus is returning to round shape instead of elongated. Imagine that - in just 7 days of radiation and chemo treatments (10 days since starting), we are turning back the cancer!

God has been gracious to us! Please continue to send prayers for comfortable treatment!

Comment

God is good!
                          Prayers for continued positive results!

Comment

Prayers continued for you and your parents.

Comment

I went to Mom's and Dad's house last night to visit.

Mom said she wants you to know your prayers are working. She feels an incredible calm while undergoing treatment - both chemo and radiation. She said, with tears in her eyes, she feels Jesus' hand on her during the treatments and knows everything is going to be just fine.

She was not fatigued like last week at this time and she's been monitoring her blood pressure at home. Since they took her off the beta blockers her BP has been normal.

Thank you again all for your prayers. Have a great weekend!

Comment

Prayers for all.

Try to be as understanding of your Dad as you can. I've been through this with my wife.

When you first get the news it's like being hit head on by a semi.

After a while you learn to breathe again. And then you get used to living with the idea. You NEVER stop worrying, but you can go on living.

He'll come around. Obviously he worships your mother and sounds like a fine man.

Sounds like very positive news so far. We'll all keep praying.

Comment

Working...
                                X