2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    Fished Wed-Saturday. Did really well in the bay Wednesday and Thursday. Friday/Saturday were spent in the surf in Surfside. Caught tons of fish but lots and lots of dinks. It was a great week of fishing. Back to work tomorrow.
    I fished today in Galveston east bay, could not find keepers to save my life! We caught 50 plus trout and only 5 keeps. Fun day on the water none the less!

Comment

Fished around the storms all wkend. Finally found some good fish this morning during the light rain right after a storm.

28.5” red I released and 7 mixed keepers. Released several more small slot trout and drum. All out of my kayak so it was a blast!!!

Bad (self taken) pic of big red

Today’s groceries!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Late report... a buddy and I fished the surf in matagorda sat morning had limits by 7:45am. Then headed over Sargent to see if we could catch any but it was slow. Only a few small trout and I caught one 21” flounder.

Comment

Got these Friday and Saturday morning in rockport on plastics. Caught a ton of shorts Saturday and between the shorts and dolphins coming in and grabbing them every time we’d hook up we were only able to grind out 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Fished the grass flats in Galveston caught a couple of reds. For those that are wading make sure you shuffle your feet and wear the ray guards. I seen a lot of rays in the couple hundred yard drift.

Comment

Fished the surf out of Matagorda on Saturday morning, along with all 150 of our closest friends. I have never seen that many boats in the surf. There was a boat every 50 yards for as far as you could see. We caught 2 keeper trout, one undersize trout, several gafftop and several sharks, one of which broke my rod.

Will be getting my rod replaced and am headed to Palacios Friday after work!

I also signed the paperwork on my boat Friday, so it is officially mine!

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                Fished the surf out of Matagorda on Saturday morning, along with all 150 of our closest friends. I have never seen that many boats in the surf. There was a boat every 50 yards for as far as you could see. We caught 2 keeper trout, one undersize trout, several gafftop and several sharks, one of which broke my rod.

Will be getting my rod replaced and am headed to Palacios Friday after work!

It's only going to get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  It's only going to get worse.
                  That's usually always true about everything.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post

Congrats!!!

Comment

Port Mansfield

Headed back to PM in a couple hours, I'm horrible at giving live updates so I will probably just post report when I get back. But if I think about it, I will post up some pics. This is our annual Men's trip and it will be 18 years in a row for some of the guys#tomuchfun

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                        Headed back to PM in a couple hours, I'm horrible at giving live updates so I will probably just post report when I get back. But if I think about it, I will post up some pics. This is our annual Men's trip and it will be 18 years in a row for some of the guys#tomuchfun
                        I am jealous. I grew up going to PM 3-4 times a year from the early 90's through the mid 00's, but I haven't been back in almost a decade. It was a magical place to fish for a kid that grew up on Sabine and East Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                          I am jealous. I grew up going to PM 3-4 times a year from the early 90's through the mid 00's, but I haven't been back in almost a decade. It was a magical place to fish for a kid that grew up on Sabine and East Bay.

No other place like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                            Well good luck!! Always look forward to your fishin' posts here and over on 2Cool... You gotta at least take piktures for your report so's we know it really happened...

Comment

Late report. Stayed in POC last week and fished SA bay. Had our limits by 9:00 Thursday and Friday but no luck on reds.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket15 View Post
                                Late report. Stayed in POC last week and fished SA bay. Had our limits by 9:00 Thursday and Friday but no luck on reds.
                                Awesome, I'm headed out of POC Saturday morning with friend of the program Capt. Jimbo Barnes - Rusted Hook Guide Service

Comment

Working...
                                X