No announcement yet.

A 58 acre slice of our own...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations my TBH Brother as my wife and I purchased our piece of Texas back in May. Even sweeter because you're next to Family.

Like those Wildgame Pics ... Even more because they're what I use (Also Wildgame feeders).
    Don't know why everyone Rags on them ... Never had a failure.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
      Awesome!!! Congrats!
      Originally posted by ACook View Post
      Congrats on the property! I have a barndo or similar build in my ten year plan back home in MS. Can't wait to follow along on this journey with ya!
      Originally posted by libertybow View Post
      That is great--and being family land makes it even better!
      Originally posted by Dchilds View Post
      Awesome and congrats!
      Thanks guys. Its exciting and scary all at once, running a business, doing this and then chasing a two year old and a 2 month old around. I love me some mayhem though.

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      So the Red and Green is your? Congrats BTW!!!
      Yep, the red outline is ours, and everything outlined in green adjacent to it is my parents. So the woods east of mine is open for hunting but I'm trying to keep it more of a sanctuary for now. And thanks!

Originally posted by Devin View Post
      Congratulations on your 58.193 acre (only a surveyor would carry it to 3 decimals... ) slice o' heaven!
      Hey now...an engineer would find a way to make it more complicated than that with an equation Thanks Devin! BTW, been really enjoying following your thread and your place is looking good. Hoping we can have something that nice one day!

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
        Congratulations my TBH Brother as my wife and I purchased our piece of Texas back in May. Even sweeter because you're next to Family.

Like those Wildgame Pics ... Even more because they're what I use (Also Wildgame feeders).
        Don't know why everyone Rags on them ... Never had a failure.
        Appreciate it!

In regards to the Wildgame Innovation Equip., I've come to the conclusion they are what they are...a cheap camera and cheap feeders. There is nothing wrong with that though for some of us. If I can get 2 seasons out of a $50 camera I cant complain too much. I've had that polybarrel feeder for 5 years now and it has been thrown all around by cows and hogs at different places and it was $75. I've had some of their cameras last 4 years and some not even make it 4 weeks. Its just a preference thing, like the never ending battle between Bison, Yeti and RTIC and us poor boys who only have igloos

I will say that I am now considering trying to phase all of my cameras to Brownings after the success I've had with a strike force. I think I've had it out for 6 weeks and its sitting on 100% battery power after taking around 4000 pictures. Not bad for a $99 camera. We'll see how it holds up once it gets really cold.

Comment

CONGRATS! Nice looking place!

Comment

Congrats. My dads side of the family had 360 acres in Rusk Co. that I stomped around on all my life. Beautiful property that my grandfather bought in the mid 20s. I always loved going there but no one in the family wanted to keep it and I did not have the money to buy it when it was sold in 2003. I would give anything to have that land.

Comment

First of all I love threads like this. One day ill purchase a 50 plus acre tract myself.

You have some good bucks. I grew up in Hawkins and we used to drive through Henderson coming back down to the coast. Lots of deer and hogs.

Browning strikeforce are the best bang for your buck in my opinion. Ive had several brands and that is by far my favorite camera.

Comment

Congratulations on your family land purchase! Awesome history on you land also.

Comment

Congrats on your land purchase!

Comment

Congrats on the new place and good luck hunting
                    I think the buck in the first pic from 10/11/13 is the same buck you have a pic of on 10/10/2014......a year later he is much bigger but from his frame and G1's its the same deer I believe.

Comment

Nice ivory on that lone boar...

Comment

My wife had a wedding shower back in Houston this weekend, so I wasn't able to get out for the opener due to watching my boys and trying to stay caught up with work. Did have a chance Sunday to do a little shredding to prep for food plots, and pulled cards. Hoping to sit out next weekend and stick a pig at least...the weekend after that I will be on the bench, have to get some dental surgery done on Friday the 14th.

Got in a rather large yellowjacket nest somewhere along the way yesterday while shredding, bailed off of the tractor and luckily only got popped a couple of times. Really hoping to get a cab tractor in the future to avoid the elements, lol. Also missed a 3-4' water moccasin with the shredder. Didn't have a way to kill him but just try and chase him down on the tractor, but he got away.

Food plots are going to go in next weekend on this place and the 40 acre place down the road. Will probably go with an oats/elbon/clover mix this year, as I've had luck with that in the past.

Little discouraged so far, not many deer pictures the last 2-3 weeks, just hogs. I guess they are pushing the deer out.
                        Attached Files

Comment

nice

Comment

Very nice

Comment

You did good! One of these days...

Comment

Just a little update...

Haven't got to hunt near as much as I'd like to this season...running a business and having 2 kids under 3 years old will do that I guess, lol.

Sadly, I haven't had but one legal buck on camera on this property all year - hunted hard during the rut hoping someone new would show up, saw several young bucks and does...and way too many hogs.

I have access to another property down the road with some better deer, so a lot of my effort hunting (when I can) has been over there.

Anyways, in regards to progress, did a little bartering for some dozer work recently. The guy just happened to have a job close to my place he was finishing up, so I had him just come on out and clean up some of the sweet gum thicket out here. I hate those trees with a passion. Doesn't appear that the deer have minded, he saw several does moseying around the other morning before he got started again.

I don't think the deer were utilizing any of that thicket at all, nothing for them to eat and couldn't see any signs of them bedding in it...however, the hogs loved bedding in it lol.

Thinking about grabbing a bag of elbon rye or oats and throwing it out just to see if some comes up with these warm spells we keep having...but we do appear to have some cold weather coming next week again so not sure if its worth fooling with.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X