Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
    Grizzly stick? Is that an arrow?
    Haha this is funny. I had to do it to. I like heavy arrows. Once you do it you will go back to around the 550 mark. But the results are alsume. I still have plans to build a heavy arrow with a broadhead around 350 to 400 gns.
    Just got to get some time to doit.

I have a grizzly stick. If I was a rich man that's all I would shoot. That is a bad *** arrow

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
      Haha this is funny. I had to do it to. I like heavy arrows. Once you do it you will go back to around the 550 mark. But the results are alsume. I still have plans to build a heavy arrow with a broadhead around 350 to 400 gns.

Just got to get some time to doit.

I have a grizzly stick. If I was a rich man that's all I would shoot. That is a bad *** arrow

Yall are gonna drive Kyle crazy!

Comment

They also have the 650 grain challenge on the website try it and let us know how it goes. I think they send you a half dozen on grizz sticks to try

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
          They also have the 650 grain challenge on the website try it and let us know how it goes. I think they send you a half dozen on grizz sticks to try

If you give them your bow stats they will custom build two completed arrows for your setup as close to 650 grains as possible for $50.

I'm thinking about it now...

Comment

Originally posted by JimboBurnsy View Post
            http://www.alaskabowhunting.com/650-Challenge-C75.aspx

If you give them your bow stats they will custom build two completed arrows for your setup as close to 650 grains as possible for $50.

I'm thinking about it now...
            Me too lol. I'd look for the biggest baddest boar on our ranch

Comment

L

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
              Me too lol. I'd look for the biggest baddest boar on our ranch
              Sounds like a good pig shish kabob arrow to me. My best is 4 hogs around 50 or so lbs. fourth did run off with arrow. I didn't even mean to. Just worked out that way

Comment

Sounds like a good pig shish kabob arrow to me. My best is 4 hogs around 50 or so lbs. fourth did run off with arrow. I didn't even mean to. Just worked out that way

Pics by chance ?

That set up with a single bevel head straight through the " shield " would prolly do some serious work !

Comment

No pic but I was shooting the Strickland helix 225 gn head. That is one bad head. When I'm going for my exotics that is the head I use the most.

Comment

Nothing beats a c.o.c head. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                      Is the only penalty for overspining additional gross weight and therefore lower velocity?

From a properly tuned bow that's about it.

Comment

No pic but I was shooting the Strickland helix 225 gn head. That is one bad head. When I'm going for my exotics that is the head I use the most.
                        I like the results I've had from my Stricklands. Unfortunately I've only got to shoot small game (2 foxes) with mine. I was in Rocksprings and the pass threw led to the BHs being damaged on the rocks. These heads hold an edge very well. Mine was still shaving sharp after close to a dozen shots into a block

Comment

Wow, crickets over here

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                            Wow, crickets over here

I did this today ;-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417396590.515652.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	24348060

Comment

What arrow will make 525 gr 20% +/- foc. At 27.5 inches ?

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                                Wow, crickets over here
                                Been hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X