• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOC increase

Originally posted by JimboBurnsy View Post
    Different mechanism of course...

Of course.

I was reminded of a grade school science lesson by your post.

With out the thumb it didn't have the spine, with the thumb it does. p

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
      Sounds like you are right where you need to be.
      you know thinking about this again you might want to consider taking a turn out of that bow and ditching the 100's for 125's, just an option.

Comment

Here is the velocity. I just cannot get them to fly as good as the bloodsport arrows. I'm going to remove some weight and see if I can stiffen them up a little. I will say once I shoot these arrows up I want be buying anymore. This arrow has a 23.95 foc.

Sorry about the mess on the table
        Attached Files

Comment

Do you guys know the formulas for figuring out Momentum and KE? I'm thinking of adding the to my spreadsheet

Comment

Ke = mass x velocity x velocity / 450240

Momentum =. Mass x velocity / 225418

If you look around there are some slight variations
            but this will get you very close
            Last edited by enewman; 11-23-2014, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Push button I have a question about your spread sheet if I may. I presume the GW column is the gross weight. And you have two arrows that have identical data entered but the FOC is different. How is that possible?

To change that number wouldn't the GW have to be different to make any other variable change? It kinda has me thrown for a loop right now.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                Ke = mass x velocity x velocity / 450240

Momentum =. Mass x velocity / 225418

If you look around there are some slight variations
                but this will get you very close
                Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                  Push button I have a question about your spread sheet if I may. I presume the GW column is the gross weight. And you have two arrows that have identical data entered but the FOC is different. How is that possible?

To change that number wouldn't the GW have to be different to make any other variable change? It kinda has me thrown for a loop right now.
                  I think I saw where the two arrows had different vanes

Comment

I just updated my spreadsheet. I used the formulas enewman posted. Thank you again!!!

I look a it and my mind almost goes into overload. I think I need to simplify it or condense it. Just not sure what to cut or move....

Another thing I noticed was there wasn't a big jump in KE and MO Numbers like I expected. So now I'm kinda wondering if this has been worth it?
                    I imagine bowhuntntxn is going to say "Told you so :-p" LOL

Let me see if I can post the PDF version of my spreadsheet.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 11-23-2014, 08:25 AM. Reason: Wrong PDF, Reformatted PDF

Comment

On a positive note I just learned how to post pictures from my PC to TBH :-)

Comment

Ok I don't see how the expedition and the xt have the same weight but different speeds. Only way that can happen is if the xt is not flying straight.

Comment

No I am not going to say that. But what I will say is that you gave it a lot of effort, and hopefully learned some things along the way. And that in itself made it worth it IMO.

The reason the numbers for KE and momentum don't make huge jumps, is because they are both dependant on velocity, which is dependant on total weight, which is a function of spine. Meaning to have the right stiffness in spine for you, you will have to jump up the total arrow weight a ton, which in turn will kill the speed, thusly affecting both KE and momentum.

Comment

Ok I don't see how the expedition and the xt have the same weight but different speeds. Only way that can happen is if the xt is not flying straight.
                            that's was the speed when I had 40 grains tip weight in it. I just fixed it. I think. Let me quadriple check. :-)

I added 10 grains to the tip and lost 5 fps
                            but now that i'm thinking about I my weights wrong on it as well

Comment

I think I saw where the two arrows had different vanes
                              Then wouldn't that mean there are two different gross weights? Surely the different vanes with the same weight won't affect FOC will it?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                                Then wouldn't that mean there are two different gross weights? Surely the different vanes with the same weight won't affect FOC will it?
                                I just fixed that. I think.....

I need to get ready for Church. I'll be back on later.
                                I hope you are going to Church too :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X