Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
    Legal consequences??
    Texas is a fence out state. If you don't want something on your land then you have to fence it out. It isn't the owner of whatever's problem to repair the fence or build one for that matter. You could build a brand new fence as far away from the property line as you want and if a big bull goes over there and jumps through it. Then it's your job to fix the fence or build a better one. Not the owner of the bull. Look it up. I think it's called free range state or something like that. He should pay half of a low cattle fence and that's all . We have done the same on the ranch I run.
    What? Im gonna disagree with this. If your bull causes damages to someone elses property its the owner of the bulls responsibility to fix it.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal.

Comment

He is insane!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          I would offer to contribute half the cost of a low fence.
          Yep but that's it.

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

It would be a long shot, but ask him to leave your low fence and help you put the high fence on the other side of your property...never hurts to ask him to be neighborly

Comment

I think you did perfect. The high fence is a want, not a need. He needs to fit the bill for something other than the need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There was a webinar a couple of months ago about it - here is the PDF of the Guide that they walked everyone through.

Comment

I would offer to save him some money and let him just high fence the one side of your property that he doesn't border. And you can low fence yours inside of that. See how he likes that.

Comment

The neighborly thing to do is not ask your neighbor to pay for a fence they dont want. Jeck no!

Comment

Pretty simple. If you don't want the high fence there, don't pay for it. He want's it, let him pay for it. Done....

Comment

If u ever plan to finish high fencing yours, pay half otherwise I doubt he will let you tie into his fence to close everything in. If not, paying half the cost of low fence seems fair.

Comment

This is the fair thing to do.

Comment

I feel for you 3R. Thats going to be annoying getting 3/4 boxed in...."no thanks." I hope youre open to the north and get some trailing monster bucks this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
                                Legal consequences??
                                Texas is a fence out state. If you don't want something on your land then you have to fence it out. It isn't the owner of whatever's problem to repair the fence or build one for that matter. You could build a brand new fence as far away from the property line as you want and if a big bull goes over there and jumps through it. Then it's your job to fix the fence or build a better one. Not the owner of the bull. Look it up. I think it's called free range state or something like that. He should pay half of a low cattle fence and that's all . We have done the same on the ranch I run.
                                Texas is an Open Range state requiring you to fence out roaming cattle, true. But many counties have passed local Closed Range laws requiring livestock owners to fence in their livestock. From what ive found the open range counties are west Texas. Damages to your land from either are responsibility of livestock owner.

Comment

Working...
                                X