What Should I buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
    That's a neat fantasy story, but I'm still waiting for the references of actual cases of the hypothetical situation outlined in Remington's post.

I don't have any kids and I if I kick the bucket my one $700 dollar .30 cal can is gonna be the last thing my wife gives a crap about lol. You sound like someone who works in sales with the hypothetical sensationalized feels story not based in reality to complete an up sell while making the process seem way more difficult than it is and that there's a chance some county cop is gonna show up shoot my dog and throw my wife in jail.

Not every person has the same circumstances lol. Some people finance cars for 60 months, some people cut a check, some people lease. One option isn't more right than the other.
    And you sound like a hard headed jimmy rustler that is stuck in your ways. Some of us aren't just using trusts for a $700 can. Some have $30,000+ machine guns and a list of other crap on it. Your wife would probably care about that ya think? My point to you want the trust isn't going to be anymore difficult for YOU. I don't give a **** what you do one way or the other. If you die, that can,machine guns, SBRs, etc has to be accounted for. No the cops aren't going on a witch hunt. But you still must be legal. Do it your way. I don't honestly care. As for an example of the police busting in just for that? I highly doubt its happened. If it did they were using it to look for something else lol.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      I see no benefit for me to do a trust. I've never had a problem back in the day getting a leo signature so all my stuff is in my name. If I do a trust it will cost me around $3000 just for an individual to trust transfer for 15 or so items. If I kick the bucket my stuff transfers tax free to whoever I will it to. Am I missing something?
      Just the hassle they'll have to go through. I know some of what you have. They'll want it. If it was on a trust then you die and they do nothing. The trust rolls to them. I do agree 100% that since you started as an individual then I wouldn't transfer to a trust. I was saying a guy starting out would be much better off.

Comment

What hassle lol? Completing the one form for a tax exempt transfer?

I can see it bothers you to be wrong that a trust isn't the best option for every NFA instance including mine and apparently the OP's and I'm sorry about that but it's the truth.

This thread is like WAY WAY off the rails and I'm sure OP would rather get back on track so I'll say that the Larue deal posted earlier would definitely get me to thinking if I had $1K to spend on some new toys.
        Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 09-09-2017, 10:59 PM.

Comment

.308 and Suppressor!!!

Comment

Oooo... a suppressor!

I'm in the market for one myself. I have a good bit to learn though before I pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Just the hassle they'll have to go through. I know some of what you have. If it was on a trust then you die and they do nothing. The trust rolls to them. I do agree 100% that since you started as an individual then I wouldn't transfer to a trust. I was saying a guy starting out would be much better off.
              x2

Comment

supressor

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                  What hassle lol? Completing the one form for a tax exempt transfer?

I can see it bothers you to be wrong that a trust isn't the best option for every NFA instance including mine and apparently the OP's and I'm sorry about that but it's the truth.

This thread is like WAY WAY off the rails and I'm sure OP would rather get back on track so I'll say that the Larue deal posted earlier would definitely get me to thinking if I had $1K to spend on some new toys.
                  Doesn't bother me a bit to be wrong. You do try to live up to your name though. I bet you're related to 35 Remington or are his alias account LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X