No announcement yet.

Lasik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had it done in May 2010 and it’s been perfect ever since. I wasn’t shooting a bow back then, but went back to shooting a rifle within a week.

Comment

Did mine last year around March at Mann Eye in the Woodlands. Like said above, its worth way more than what you actually pay.

I grew up with glasses. Got my first pair at about age 10. My vision was horrible. 20-400, super nearsighted with astigmatism. I could see 8-10 inches in front my face then a complete blur beyond that. Got the procedure done last year and was 20-20 with clear vision in about a week.

Dry eye was my biggest issue for about 2 months. Eye drops were your best friend.

All in all, its a GREAT investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

36 Years of wearing classes or contact I had it done on Good Friday. 20/20. Motto of todays Military is "If You Can't See, You Can't Fight" They get it FREE.

I have a bay fishing buddy that asked how good it is. I told him I was spotting Birds work the bay from Grapevine Texas. Dang that's good.

Comment

Told my Boss about it. He said his eye Doctor told him that his eye could not be fixed. Well Yea....He wants you to keep coming back every year to get you eyes checked and buy their glasses.

Only way to find out is to get the Free Consultation. Hats off to Dr. Robert Smith, M.D.
          Dr. Smith served 20 years in the USAF and retired as Colonel. In the service, he started the USAF Refractive Surgery Program, and as the Medical Director, he performed the first refractive surgeries on fighter pilots in the Air Force, leading to him being locally known as the "Top Gun Surgeon".

Comment

Me & my wife had it done. We LOVE it!

Comment

Did mine 12 years ago. Lasik plus in Houston. As everyone else has said - best money I ever spent.

Comment

Dr. Tylock did mine probably 15 years ago. One of te best things I ever did for myself.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Did it late, at age 42 or so. Told me the best they expected was 5 years. Well 12 years later I am just now noticing slight changes over the last 2 years. I would have paid double for the results I have enjoyed. It is awesomeness. Certain things in life aint worth finding a bargain...…….this is definitely one of them!!!
                  Spot on...

Comment

I had PRK while in the Army. Some injuries messed it up and ended up with some messed up vision again. I was offered Lasik through the VA earlier this year and had done it. It is so nice not messing with glasses or contacts. Especially shooting a bow
                    Lasik was much less painful in the days after than PRK was.

Comment

Lasik

Do it and don’t look back! It’s worth whatever it costs. Had it done in Southlake.
                      Clearview Laser Center
                      Wallace Ryne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

been a year now and I wish I had done it a long time ago! I don't have to worry about taking out contacts or bothering with dry dusty contacts at the ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
                          Best money I ever spent! I had it done probably 15 years ago or more...just started having to wear reading glasses this year...that was one of the things they told me when I had it done is I WOULD have to wear reading glasses eventually, but most people have to anyway at some point so I didn't think that was a problem

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          Ditto! my readers are super low level at 1.25 magnification...……..and can buy them for about a $1 at CVS or Walmart...…...hard to complain!
                          Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                          Dr. Smith served 20 years in the USAF and retired as Colonel. In the service, he started the USAF Refractive Surgery Program, and as the Medical Director, he performed the first refractive surgeries on fighter pilots in the Air Force, leading to him being locally known as the "Top Gun Surgeon".
                          I am digging that B-52 in your AVATAR! I used to climb all over those beasts when I was a kid.

Comment

Do it, best thing ever

Comment

I need to get it done myself. But as much as I would like to use Mann since they are a sponsor, I don't wanna drive 250 miles to Houston. I am like the op, needing to find one around the metroplex that does it a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                                this... had it done at Mann eye, they are/was a sponsor on here
                                Yes, we are still a sponsor! We have had the pleasure of helping many of y'all get rid of your glasses and contacts! We only have surgery centers in Houston (and surrounding areas), and Austin. Let me see if I can get a recommendation for the Dallas area.

Comment

Working...
                                X