Dang Armadillos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myway View Post
    Not sure all of us live out of city limits. I have them and I dont.
    I live in city limits

.22 gets them every time lol.

Or I trap and bring to our land down the road, open door and BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      They pay two-fiffty down in Hallettsville
      They take ‘em frozen down in Halletsville, they don’t take them alive

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
        This is #11 or 12 since July in the yard. Makes me wonder if I'm not hauling them off far enough, even though it is 3+ miles and on the other side of a fairly wide/deep creek where I drop them off.

So, we'll see if this one ends up back in my trap. And, if someone else catches/sees it, bet it has them scratching their heads.

We had them in a yard with a sprinkler system up in the Hill Country. I would kill them if I was checking the trap, one of the others guys on the ranch would haul them into the ranch to dump them out alive. One day they painted a stripe one with Kilz paint. Took him 5 miles away to the NE corner of the ranch. 7 days later he was back in the yard again. Oh, the yard was fenced with a 2' high rock wall that was 18" thick with a cap on top also.

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
          This is the trap we are using. Get's them every time!

I have same trap and has never missed one. I had some larger Dillos bust out of my havahart traps.

Comment

.270 will crack em in half like a busted watermelon. nasty lil buggers.

Comment

City or country men should always have a big hammer in the garage.

Archery equipment is silent and deadly

Comment

I have got 10 in the last 2 weeks in my yard !

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                  City or country men should always have a big hammer in the garage.

Archery equipment is silent and deadly
                  I can assure you I have killed many of critters with a whop to the noggin. Stick,hammer, rock you name it. I guess i am just not that mad at them these days especially since i will have to haul it off anyways. And the thought of one doing the “breakdance” from an arrow in my backyard doesn’t exactly appeal to me. Mine don’t come back.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    Built one like this---works too. Doors at each end so don't have to figure out which direction they are coming from. And, you can bet if a red-a**ed one shows up in the trap, it'll be his last time.

http://thearmadillotrap.com/
                    My dad built a trap box just like that for possums at the house...works great!

Comment

Still pretty simple... take the trap with the 'diller in it and put it in a trash can full of water for a few minutes... Then remove trap, put 'diller in a trash bag and back in the trash can... Assume since you are a cityslicker, thay com's to yore house in that big ol' garbage truck kupple times a week... Easy-Peasy...

Comment

Working...
                      X