Night time hog hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night time hog hunting

Do y’all use your deer rifles or something different? Trying to decide on using my sons tc contender, daughters 22-250, or my cva 7-08.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30-30 with a green light affixed to scope. 80% of the time....works every time.

Comment

Usually the mini 14 (.223) with a green LED light.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Shoot whatever gun your the most comfortable with and go slay some hogs I prefer my savage .308!

Comment

Out of those I'd use the 22-250 just because you'll have quicker follow up shots. I'll take more bullets over power when dealing with those things.

Comment

I use my bow.

Comment

I use my bow or my M70 in .22-250. Shoot them at a feeder with lights---bow range or from my truck about 100 yds away with the rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                I use my bow.
                Yes !!!! It’s the only way

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                  Yes !!!! It’s the only way
                  So much fun at night! Love watching the luma nocks run away!

Comment

7’08. Looking for dead black hogs aftrr dark in the brush is hard. My .270 works day or night.

BP

Comment

Can't hunt them under light during regular deer hunting season.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        Both my hog spots are off limits to me during deer season due to the landowner or grazer hunting deer, so no problem for me.

Comment

I usually chase pigs with my .270 bolt or .223 AR15. I'm hoping to start sticking them with arrows soon

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            Don't think this is correct. I have been wrong before...

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
                              I usually chase pigs with my .270 bolt or .223 AR15. I'm hoping to start sticking them with arrows soon
                              It's a whole different experience. I've had hogs within 20 yards while gun hunting. Hunted a few times a couple months ago at night and it's definitely an adrenaline rush.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X