No announcement yet.

2017 Lake Grapevine Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw 3 doe tonight. Closest they got was 60 yards. Heard a group of hogs close by too. Not a bad night. Have yet to see a buck on the hoof. Back at it Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
      Saw 3 doe tonight. Closest they got was 60 yards. Heard a group of hogs close by too. Not a bad night. Have yet to see a buck on the hoof. Back at it Sunday.
      Good luck man! Nice meeting you out there yesterday.

Comment

Any body need training on tracking dog ?? My brother got doe pleanty of blood she got up when he went to trail her so he letting her sit now but might be good practice for some ones dog if it get dark before he finds it
        Last edited by Swamphunterfw; 11-11-2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
          I saw some when I threw some bread out. Limited out pretty quick that way with my .410 shooting lead shot, from the bank. That homeowner sure wasn’t happy that I was standing in his back yard and I’m sure his kids were mortified but by golly, you can’t tell me those ducks weren’t asking for it!!!
          Cracking up reading this Kirby! [emoji23]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Meat for the freezer! Saw a little buck chasing a doe at first light. Shot this one about an hour later! Then, I rattled a nice buck in to about 50 yards. He walked the trail I came in on, broke left, winded me and trotted off. I guess he didn't get my ground scent but could smell me from the tree. Really nice morning!
            Attached Files

Comment

congrats! I miss the vine. Been 5 years or more now.

Comment

Anybody out hunting this week? If so, what're yall seeing?

Comment

It's been 5 years since I've gotten dawn for deer and didn't get drawn this year 1st time around but I just decided to look at the redraw numbers and I made it! I've been deer hunting in Oklahoma all season so I guess it's back to my old place for a bit. I hope I can recognize it - ha! See you boys around and hollar if you need some assistance finding deer - my lab is pretty good at blood trailing the vine.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyGirlHntr View Post
                    It's been 5 years since I've gotten dawn for deer and didn't get drawn this year 1st time around but I just decided to look at the redraw numbers and I made it! I've been deer hunting in Oklahoma all season so I guess it's back to my old place for a bit. I hope I can recognize it - ha! See you boys around and hollar if you need some assistance finding deer - my lab is pretty good at blood trailing the vine.
                    Good info to know

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                      Anybody out hunting this week? If so, what're yall seeing?

I was out yesterday saw 4 but all after shooting light was gone , 15 yards from me while I was getting my stuff put back in backpack

Comment

Anyone been out chasin ducks on vine yet?

Comment

I saw three doe yesterday and three hunters.lol

Comment

If your not living in the woods right now, you wasted your permit. Deer are moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                              If your not living in the woods right now, you wasted your permit. Deer are moving.
                              Did you get drawn this year Budman. Been a long time.

Comment

Across the lake in the no hunting area.

Comment

Working...
                                X