No announcement yet.

Recovering A Deer From A Neighbors Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had it happen to me last year but didnt know it jumped the fence as i ran out of blood a couple hundred yards from it. 3 days later i walked that fence line and found blood coming back onto the property i was hunting. followed it and that dang buck came back and died right under my tree stand.

Comment

Don't hunt so close to the neighboring property. Avoid the situation as much as much as possible but what ever you do don't just cross a fence. Let the neighbor or game warden know.

Comment

[QUOTE=BTLowry;12816318]I see trouble and financial loss in your future

I would not cross a property line without permission. I thought the law prevented them from denying you access to recover game if you could prove you legally shot the animal on your side and it crossed. In order to prevent waste of the animal. After reading several responses stating otherwise I checked the regs and stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Use Rage broadheads...problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
            That's why you have good relationships with your neighbors. I would have no problems with all but one, and he's a doozie anytime. If it's Saturday he's still in town recovering from Friday nights drunk fest so it wouldn't matter.
            ****, didn't know we were neighbors.

Comment

We have had to do this multiple times, if you know the neighbour pretty well you should be able to just grab and get out. Just try to make it out without any damages.

Comment

Originally posted by 10132297 View Post
                Use Rage broadheads...problem solved

They'd make it a lot further than the neighbors place...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For the guys that risk crossing over and trespassing, do not cross with your firearm. The charges go up significantly trespassing with a firearm.

Comment

Crossing with a firearm becomes a felony.

Comment

Its impossible to “make the kill on your property and have the deer die on the neighbors property”

Did I win the riddle?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                        Its impossible to “make the kill on your property and have the deer die on the neighbors property”

Did I win the riddle?
                        That's what I was thinking. Sounds like hunting too close to the fence if deer won't die on your property.

Comment

Working...
                        X