Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Is it a high fence ranch?

Comment

New Mexico Elk Live Hunt

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                Is it a high fence ranch?

Yes. Sure doesn't make them any easier to hunt though. There is 3500 acres in the pasture we're hunting.

This morning we went driving until we found the group with that bull in it. I've got my heart set on him at this point.

Walked a couple miles chasing him and finally got within range after a 2 hour stalk while he was bedded. He got up and stopped at 57 and I rushed the shot and watched it sail right over the top of his back. He and the other bull he was with boogied out. We walked back to the Ranger and drove around to find them. They bedded back down in an area with no good way to approach., these big guys aren't stupid that's for sure. Going to get back after them after lunch.

One of the guys shot one with the bow this morning that should score 355-360. There are four of us on this trip.

Comment

I hunt high fence. Have several times. Idk if I could drive a ranger near the bulls where I'm going in Colorado though lol.

Good luck!!

Comment

I hunt high fence. Have several times. Idk if I could drive a ranger near the bulls where I'm going in Colorado though lol.

Good luck!!

Comment

good luck

Comment

Good God Almighty!

Comment

That is a big bull. Good luck getting an arra in him...

Comment

So I've been within 100 yards of a 415, 455 and 480 this afternoon. Got to within 55 of the one I'm after in some of the thickest cedar I've ever been around. He never gave me a shot. We think we know where he's headed though, so chasing him hard.

I saw this bull the first night and decided either I'm taking him home or going home empty handed.

This has been a lot of fun so far walking these hills listening to some of them screaming. The one I'm after isn't talking and is running with a 390 bull.

Comment

480. Lawd!!

Comment

What ranch are you hunting? If you don't mind me asking.

Comment

Working...
                                X