Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Panhandle Hunting Thread (5th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Who might Brad be?

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
      Yep. Who might Brad be?
      I take care of the Flying L in Briscoe. I have been working with you for MLD.

Comment

How about a dove report? Specifically the SE panhandle.....Foard or Cottle County? Haven't been out all summer and we have a work weekend plannned for the dove opener.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
          I take care of the Flying L in Briscoe. I have been working with you for MLD.
          Cool!

I've been spotted a few other times on this forum, which is fun. I stumbled across it trying to get my contact info corrected for dog tracking, and had to create a profile to do it. Then I saw the forum, topics, and thousands of Texas hunters using it, and have really enjoyed it. Especially the live hunts, management stuff, and this Panhandle thread. There's some great people on here. I haven't bow hunted in a long time, because I stink at it, but still love it.

Comment

I saw your name in the dog thread last year and thought it was probably you. Then the PH thread pretty well confirmed it. Just so I know what all counties will you run your dog in?

Comment

I haven't set a hard limit. Kind of depends on what I got going at work and the situation. I'd prefer to keep it below a 2 hr drive, though I've gone farther. Y'all are about 1.5 hr. I've been as far SE as Knox Co, NE to Lipcomb and into Oklahoma, and west to New Mexico state line.

Comment

I met you a number of years ago too Jeff, while setting up a MLDP program in Collingsworth County. I was the guy who helped you map out Terry Canada's property out by Quail.

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                    I met you a number of years ago too Jeff, while setting up a MLDP program in Collingsworth County. I was the guy who helped you map out Terry Canada's property out by Quail.
                    How cool! See, I love this forum.

How's the hunting been? Any prospects this season?

Comment

I just put up a camera last week for the spot where my son and daughter hunt, haven't checked it yet. But over where I rifle hunt, I know a couple good ones made it through season last year. One should be really nice this year. Coyote calling has been pretty good, I do more of that than anything now days. Heading down to Ozona for a pig thinning hunt later this month.

Comment

Nice. Good luck on piggies.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

This time of year I see gazillions of trail cam photos of bucks in velvet. Personally, I have no confidence in my ability to estimate the age of a buck this time of year, especially from trail cam photos. When November gets here I feel much better about it.

For example, check out the buck below and date stamps. Assuming it is the same deer, and it sure looks like it is, I would say he has been 3.5 years old for the last five years.
                            Last edited by Top Of Texas; 02-06-2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Nice wide buck. What county is he in?

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Lonesome View Post
                                Nice wide buck. What county is he in?
                                It's in the TX Panhandle. All I can say, it's not my place.

I apologize, because I know that comes across as possesive, cynical, and untrusting, and I hate that, but I also know there is a small percentage of unscrupulous folks out there, and once posted it's out there for any and all. Someone who just has to know could do enough checking around to discover, but I'm just not comfortable offering it out to the cyber world. Hope everyone can still enjoy. Is that cool?

I will also say, that just about any piece of ground in the Panhandle can grow just as good of deer as any other.

Comment

Working...
                                X