Big green egg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big green egg

I won one in a raffle at a company party recently. Im pretty impressed so far. I would never spend 1100 buying one but I had a steak well done in 7 minutes and makes an awfully amazing pizza! Anyone else have one. Cool recipes or tricks and etc?

Love my XL. Have had it for years.

Comment

Steak well done. How dare you. Med rare for me. I have been wanting to try a green egg but the price is out of my range. Congrats on your score

Comment

I have had one for year and love it. It took some practice and some over cooked meat to get used to it. Now I can turn out some good eats.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafter S View Post
          Steak well done. How dare you. Med rare for me. I have been wanting to try a green egg but the price is out of my range. Congrats on your score

Comment

I budgeted an XL into my house build for my outdoor kitchen. Can't wait.

Comment

Academy and Home Depot have fairly inexpensive knock offs. I've seen a few not assembled very well, so check the one you're buying carefully. Love my egg.

LWD

Comment

I won a large a couple years ago at a golf tournament. Hard for me to use it over the pit smoker for brisket and ribs. I've used it five times. Twice for ribs and chicken and twice for pork. The last pork butt was killer; so I will definitely smoke on egg over pit. Still learning. Tried steaks over the weekend and overcooked them. Good flavor but too done. I'll try again.

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
                  I won a large a couple years ago at a golf tournament. Hard for me to use it over the pit smoker for brisket and ribs. I've used it five times. Twice for ribs and chicken and twice for pork. The last pork butt was killer; so I will definitely smoke on egg over pit. Still learning. Tried steaks over the weekend and overcooked them. Good flavor but too done. I'll try again.
                  For thick steaks, I heat my egg up to 700 degrees for direct. Two minutes on each side. Then flip one more time and close the egg down (close the top and bottom vents). Pull the steaks off at 3-4 minutes. I pull mine off at 3 and my wife's around 4 because she likes her steak medium. Pulling off at 3 will get it a nice medium rare.

Comment

I use the recipes off their website, most have been good so far. My wife and in laws have fell in love with the smoked turkey after soaking in a brine.
                    My wife is not one that is impressed by my "toys" most often but she says she wished she would of got it for me sooner. I am by not mean a chief or even a cook for that matter but the grill impresses me every time I use it.

Comment

Working...
                    X