No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these the wild cherries I found them today. The tree is about 40 ft tall.[IMG]itty[/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Here's one more pic. [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
          Are these the wild cherries I found them today. The tree is about 40 ft tall.[IMG]itty[/IMG]
          That's probably either black gum or gum bumelia fruit. Black gum limbs usually are perpendicular to the trunk. If you picked them by hand they are prolly gum bumelia. Not black cherry.

Comment

After seeing second picture looks like black gum.

Comment

Pics of fruit and the leaves. I had to get from the internet. I know of 3 areas that have these trees. Notice the serration on the leaves.

Comment

So in Louisiana i was an avid duck hunter but never for deer. I will be trying in SHNF this season, but was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction of what keys to look for in finding a spot? How do you even know where to set in to scout? Any high-level pointers for this area would be much appreciated!

Comment

BC. -- Those are Hackberries you are holding. They will turn purple when ripe and are edible to both humans and wildlife. I've seen deer come and feed under a Hackberry tree on more than one occasion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by abp4363 View Post
                    So in Louisiana i was an avid duck hunter but never for deer. I will be trying in SHNF this season, but was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction of what keys to look for in finding a spot? How do you even know where to set in to scout? Any high-level pointers for this area would be much appreciated!
                    Eddie! Where's Eddie!?

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post

Pics of fruit and the leaves. I had to get from the internet. I know of 3 areas that have these trees. Notice the serration on the leaves.
                      Now that is interesting. Those are definitely not muscadines. Frankly I don't know what they are.

Comment

Y'all got my head spinning over these wild cherry trees I'm heading to the Sam as I tipe to go find those wild cherries lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
                          Y'all got my head spinning over these wild cherry trees I'm heading to the Sam as I tipe to go find those wild cherries lol.

If one of you veterans want, I can take you to the place I found the cherry trees I saw. Also, finished the euro mount of the pig I got the other day in the Sam.

Comment

Chief if they were purple they are possibly the grapes that are out right now, I see you can post pictures now so post up a pic next time your in the bush and Congratulations on the pig and euro mount.

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
                              Chief if they were purple they are possibly the grapes that are out right now, I see you can post pictures now so post up a pic next time your in the bush and Congratulations on the pig and euro mount.

I will get a pic, cause yeah they definitely aren't grapes. I'll be heading out there in the next couple days. They've got the cherry pit and seed just like a store bought one, and thanks, it was my first time trying a euro mount.

Comment

I didn't find the wild cherries but was able to find two hard horned shooter bucks that were feeding on beauty berries. Both bucks had very nice racks 8 point and the bigger was a nice blond horn 10 point. Also found this girl next to a creek.[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X