Good growth for end of June?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good growth for end of June?

It's been awhile since i've had camera's out. I've forgotten what growth looks like from month to month. I think this is pretty decent growth for June 29. Thoughts?
    Attached Files

A little bigger...
    Attached Files

Comment

Yep they are looking good

Comment

Had a few like him last year coming regularly, but now i have young bucks and a bunch of axis.......guess i will take what i can get.

Comment

He is off to a good start and is still growing.
          Bucks will all grow at different rates. My FIL managed a breeder operation for several years and I was amazed at the difference in the bucks when we would visit this time of year. Some bucks would be nearly completely grown out and others would be just starting to branch at their G2s. Where they were in early July had little correlation of how they finished. Several of his bucks that looked behind ended up over 200” and were bigger than several of the early growers. The late growers really popped in August and September.

Comment

Ours out west are either just starting g2 on some and g3 on others. Those are pretty far ahead I’d say for late June.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
              He is off to a good start and is still growing.
              Bucks will all grow at different rates. My FIL managed a breeder operation for several years and I was amazed at the difference in the bucks when we would visit this time of year. Some bucks would be nearly completely grown out and others would be just starting to branch at their G2s. Where they were in early July had little correlation of how they finished. Several of his bucks that looked behind ended up over 200” and were bigger than several of the early growers. The late growers really popped in August and September.
              I guess that's what i was asking. I guess i assumed all bucks grew antlers at roughly the same rate. Obviously not. I was curious if this buck was "special". I guess he's just doing it the way he does it?

This pic shows him and a couple of buddies that are lagging. Although the middle one looks like he may have something.
              Attached Files

Comment

Split tine coming along...
                Attached Files

Comment

Yep! And still got a lot of time to grow

Comment

look good. we have deer that are in the same range and others just starting to show g2 g3
                    Last edited by Rcm; 07-05-2018, 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                    X