How much protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much protein

Just curious how much feed everyone has gone through so far?

Just under 50 tons.... As it turn off dry and hot, consumption will increase a bit due to the natural foods declining in palatability. A more accurate way to compare would be to ask on a per deer basis....

For example, I estimate approx. 300 adult deer on my property. That would equate to 333 lbs per deer thus far, or 2.22 lbs per deer per day. Which is in line with my expectations and averages.
    Last edited by STGS; 05-27-2018, 07:27 PM.

Comment

This pic was taken tonight, they are hammering the protein. Not much rain the past 2 months.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
        Just under 50 tons.... As it turn off dry and hot, consumption will increase a bit due to the natural foods declining in palatability. A more accurate way to compare would be to ask on a per deer basis....

For example, I estimate approx. 300 adult deer on my property. That would equate to 333 lbs per deer thus far, or 2.22 lbs per deer per day. Which is in line with my expectations and averages.
        Since the beginning of the year??
        Yep, that is about right for 300 deer, dang.
        Last edited by bukkskin; 05-27-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

How much protein

Originally posted by RMW View Post
          This pic was taken tonight, they are hammering the protein. Not much rain the past 2 months.
          How do you like the coon hoods?

Comment

4 tons
            10 tons
            12 tons
            3 different ranches

Comment

Looks like we are at about 110 tons so far. Add cotton seed since January which we will stop in August.

Comment

1/2 ton per week right now. We need more rain quick.

Comment

So far:
                  10 tons protein
                  18 tons of cottonseed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We just tested a 10 day run and on our bulk feeders they are eating about 67 lbs a day each feeder. That doesn’t count the timed feeders.

Comment

21 Tons so far. Almost 2400 lbs a week.

Comment

3 timed feeders open from 7 am to 7 pm. Going through a ton every 2 1/2 weeks since 1st of year. Did get a little break while we had some rain last month.

Comment

we are averaging 1 ton a week of protein, and 1 ton a week of cottonseed, since the beginning of January.

Comment

We have just under 400 acres and we have fed nearly 10,000lbs of protein and 4,000lbs of cottonseed.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                              we are averaging 1 ton a week of protein, and 1 ton a week of cottonseed, since the beginning of January.
                              I try not to watch the amount of tons or the amount of $.

Comment

Working...
                              X