• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too cool..........
    I can walk to the fridge......

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
      I'm in for more updates. What in the world possesses a man to want to do this?
      I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to do this.

Comment

Happy trails

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to do this.
          Me too! I thought about this since I was a teenager. Have done parts here in PA and NJ. I might start giving it serious consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            you da man B , very proud of your ambition to Just Do It !!!

will keep you in my prayers for safety, and will be thinking about you Sunday since I'll be in Alpine Valley listening to Dead & Company
            Way to go Blake! I am jealous, however back on June 24th I hitched out of the Shenadoahs and saw them in Bristow, VA. They played New Speedway and the line "I spent a little time on the mountain, I spent a little time on the hill" took on a special meaning!

I enjoyed the show and was back on the AT the next day. The Shenadoahs were not difficult. In fact they were a bit boring. However I did see some good wildlife...deer, turkey and bear.

Comment

Awesome thing you are doing. And I keep making excuses about taking a long weekend to do the LSHT through hike and its only half hour from the house. Following this thread for sure.

Comment

Awesome journey. Praying for your safety on the way and following along for updates.

Comment

Originally posted by pblaetz View Post
                  Me too! I thought about this since I was a teenager. Have done parts here in PA and NJ. I might start giving it serious consideration.
                  To be fair, it's not for everyone. There are days when you hate the trail and days where you love it. The drop out rate is staggering...especially in the beginning in the Georgia mountains.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	24450394

A day where you love it.

Comment

Following this! What brand of gaiters do you recommend?

Comment

Excellent. I've done from Springer to Harpers Ferry in one go. I know the Georgia section like the back of my hand. I used to take kids (really bad kids) on the the Georgia section twice a year. 11 of them at a time. Be safe out there!

Comment

Following. Thanks for sharing

Comment

cool, stay safe

Comment

Cool beans and congratulations. I'm originally from Pennsylvania and retired in Texas after doing 20 years in the Army. Parts of the Appalachian Trail are @ 10 miles from where I grew-Up.

Comment

Originally posted by BetramHunter View Post
                              Following this! What brand of gaiters do you recommend?
                              I bought a pair of Outdoor Research gaitors in Damascus, VA. I have been very happy with them. No more rocks and dirt in my boots.

Comment

Just caught up on this thread. Thanks for taking us along. Sending prayers your way until you've completed your goal and make it back home to Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X