Scag mower question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scag mower question

I've got a tiger cat, probably a 2013 model, without the seat adjustment. Anyone have any luck with making these things a little less rough? This thing beats me to death, any small bump in the yard and it jars your back. I usually don't air the tires up all the way to keep it from beating me to death, but then the cut isn't even. I want to buy a ferris, but not in my budget right now. Any help welcome.

admin please move to ATC

Comment

Get you a seat cushion.

Comment

lol, seat cushion aint gonna do it

Comment

Maybe look into an aftermarket seat.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
            lol, seat cushion aint gonna do it
            Dang that bad?

My scag has a big comfortable seat.

Comment

Put some rubber shock mounts in between the seat and the mower.

Comment

Look up Seat Warehouse and they have a suspension spring kit add on for 139.00

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
                  Look up Seat Warehouse and they have a suspension spring kit add on for 139.00
                  Or any Stens dealer can order you a suspension kit that should work.
                  Most of these are built by the same company and sold to the manufacturers as an accessory.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                    Put some rubber shock mounts in between the seat and the mower.
                    NOPE--- those are for generators !!!!! they will multiply the vibrations and transfer them straight up. Been down that road before.

Comment

Thanks everyone. KBAR, found the website. They're higher than giraffes *****, but I have to get one. Tired of feeling like my back is being jarred the whole time I mow.

Comment

I've seen people use the cheap pneumatic tires from Harbor freight. Take the rim apart and remove it, keep tube in the tire, air it up just a bit and put that under the seat. Haven't tried it, but for $5 or so, can't hurt.

Comment

Working...
                        X