No announcement yet.

Home Made Laundry Detergent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will have to give this a try. I'm interested in the liquid soap as mentioned above.

Comment

up.

I still make this stuff.. Works great

Comment

Thanks for posting!!!!

Comment

As a suggestion regarding using a food processor to chop up the Zote, you can cube the bar up and put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes (length of time depends on microwave). The cubes will bubble up into a big pink blob. Remove from microwave and let it cool off completely then the "blob" will crumble into a fine powder. A word of caution.....only nuke about half of the bar at a time and it gets VERY hot. When the soap is getting nuked it gets pretty big!

Comment

I still make it also.

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
              As a suggestion regarding using a food processor to chop up the Zote, you can cube the bar up and put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes (length of time depends on microwave). The cubes will bubble up into a big pink blob. Remove from microwave and let it cool off completely then the "blob" will crumble into a fine powder. A word of caution.....only nuke about half of the bar at a time and it gets VERY hot. When the soap is getting nuked it gets pretty big!

I got one of those small processor.

But I have to run the zote thru something like a vegetable slicker to get it in small piece. You can also buy zote in flakes just more expensive.

Like one of these then mix all and put thru food processor.

Read reviews and buy OXO Softworks Box Grater at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

Comment

What is it about this process that makes it harmful to reuse the cooking pot

Comment

I make the dry power never heard of the above. Try googling that

Comment

Just made another batch.... I'll never intend to buy store bought soap again..

Comment

Been doing this for a while. Works great and saves a ton of money.

Comment

Very cool

Biggs

Comment

About to try our first batch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Walmart had Fels- Naphtha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife's been doing that too for about 3 years. Works fine in our HE washer.

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X