Clear All

Originally posted by SLICK_N_STICKY View Post
    Good point.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
      Why not for a hunting gun?

The break hurts my ears and 7 mag recoil does not hurt my shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        The break hurts my ears and 7 mag recoil does not hurt my shoulder.
        Haaaa! Agreed.

Comment

You rang?

Comment

I had my break made by Hart and sons it's on my 7 STW love it, but it is very loud without hearing protection !

Comment

Brakes will be very helpful in reducing felt recoil and muzzle movement. They do have pros and cons just like alot of things. It comes down to personal choice really. How can someone tell another it won’t work for them? Ihave several rifles equipped with Imafd a KDF style brake off my 30-378 Wby Improved and must have gotten everything perfect because i swear the rifle pulls away from the shoulder when it’s fired

With most brakes, they are removable and can be replaced with a thread protector in the brake is taken off. POI might be affected when doing so and it’s a good idea to fire a few rounds to confirm POI

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                You rang?
                Not you silly. They are talking about breaks for some reason. Must be union employees.

Comment

Harrels

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
                    I am having a 7 mag built with a sendero profile barrel. Does anyone have a muzzle break recommendation? I would prefer it to be seamless and match the contour of the barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    KDF out of Seguin, TX

I've got one on a custom 7mm STW with a slightly heavier Barrel profile than a regular Remington Sendero, and it kicks like a .243. It's loud as a son-of-a.... but I want people around me to "know" when I shoot!

Comment

Benchmark makes one without holes on the bottom and would make the Sendero profile. West Texas Ordnance makes one without holes on the bottom but I was told it would not work on a barrel profile smaller than a 6.

I have several Vais on my guns now. He has one that is short and works good.
                      Last edited by Radar; 12-06-2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

This is one on a pencil barreled 35 Whelen.
                        Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Snowy Mountain Rifle’s brake on my 30-378 and on one of my 6.5 Creedmoors. No top/bottom ports and an incredible reduction in felt recoil. Guys are awesome to deal with as well.....if you don’t mind shipping to Montana

jrg

Comment

The combined weight of a Sendero profile and a McMillan stock will absorb that recoil pretty well. I know because I have that setup, and it shoots comfortably without a break. My kimber .300 win mag mountain rifle on the other hand will kick the dog mess out of you!

Comment

Working...
                            X