Glock 22 40cal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
    You might have waited too long, 40s aren't cool anymore and are not bringing the money 9s and 45s are. At least not here.
    LOL, really??

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
      LOL, really??
      You can’t give away a .40 around my department and we have 127 officers.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
        You can’t give away a .40 around my department and we have 127 officers.
        small department compared to my experience.....don't get me wrong, but I'm probably a hell of a lot older than you and the 9mm got bad reviews years past! Same thing happened when "some" government agencies tried the 10mm...there are ALWAYS problems with any caliber so just keep an open mind????? Oh, if your department is GIVING AWAY their 40's, please let me know...I'll take 'em all and pass them on to some Old Fart ex-LEO's like me or Vet's who would be happy to have them....geeze...."come on man!"

Comment

Fact

I can get more hits on target in a smaller circle with a 9mm than I can with a 40 cal.

I switched and love the 9MM

Comment

I guess this is why GT Distributors has the Glock 22 trade ins for sale from $249 to $309.

Comment

They sell a basic Glock full size 9MM or 40 cal to LEO for $398
              Last edited by Stan R; 12-05-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I hear ya'! So I will really muddy up this discussion....MY favorite is the 45 and there are so many that will laugh and say that's crazy, not a popular caliber with many these days?? But, I'm not making 50 yard+ shots with a handgun either. I look for maximum damage/knock down at close range defending myself, family, etc. See...we all have our fav's, just make sure of a kill shot and not a target shot...IMO of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                  Fact

I can get more hits on target in a smaller circle with a 9mm than I can with a 40 cal.

I switched and love the 9MM
                  Therein lies the answer.

Faster follow up shots, more accurately, with higher capacity, for less money...... and all for the same size wound.

Comment

They can fall out of favor. I love my G23 in 40. I have a long slide G34. That's a 9mm and I really don't notice a whole lot of difference in recoil. Yes the 40 is a little snappier, but not enough to bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
                      I'm comin up Thursday evening actually so it'll be late comin through but
                      I can easily come back into lampasas after one of the hunts.....kempner can't be that far huh??
                      Kempner is not far and I could probably find a little time to possibly meet in Lampasas. I'll look for the case in case we both agree to the trade.
                      My number is 254-371-4489
                      Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                        small department compared to my experience.....don't get me wrong, but I'm probably a hell of a lot older than you and the 9mm got bad reviews years past! Same thing happened when "some" government agencies tried the 10mm...there are ALWAYS problems with any caliber so just keep an open mind????? Oh, if your department is GIVING AWAY their 40's, please let me know...I'll take 'em all and pass them on to some Old Fart ex-LEO's like me or Vet's who would be happy to have them....geeze...."come on man!"
                        I’m not sure what a hell of a lot older is. I am in my 60’s and will be starting my 35th year next month.

Open mindedness is what is bringing back the 9mm.

About 20 years ago the 9mm didn’t perform very well in comparison. The companies put out light bullets with big hollow points like the Silvertip. They didn’t perform very well but they sure were pretty and fast.

The .40S&W was not even invented until after the 9mm failures at the horrendous shootout in Miami in 1986. The answer was to get a way more powerful handgun with the existing ammo rounds. Poof, that didn’t work either. The 10mm which supposed to solve all LEO handgun ills, soon became an extreme failure and is almost non-existent in law enforcement today.

Then the mentality that has existed for well over 100 years changed. Instead of looking for a different caliber with maybe a heavier bullet, they actually started building and engineering bullets with a purpose. The self defense or police rounds today are designed to perform almost identically. In the days of ball ammo that certainly was not true. In my career I saw officers still carrying ball .45 ACP. Those days have long since passed.

It doesn’t matter what you can do with a particular round. You might take a 10mm and get a load that will pass through an elk. It doesn’t matter because self defense rounds are now designed to stop at a certain depth in the human body, not go through an elk. In depth of penetration, wound channel and expansion, the 9mm, .357Sig, .40S&W and .45ACP perform in a virtual dead heat in the two most popular police rounds, the Federal HST and Speer Gold Dot. That is after being fired through bare gelatin or in gelatin after being fired through sheet rock, plywood, heavy clothing, car door sheet metal and windshield safety glass.

That leaves capacity and recoil.

The officers in most of the agencies around me can carry what they want as far as brand and in 9mm, .40 or .45 with the departments furnishing duty ammo. The open minded officers ( ) are now starting to switch to the 9mm. The .45 is almost completely disregarded and a few that carry the.40 don’t want to change because they have two or more guns in that caliber and don’t want to spend the money.

Comment

Hey, did not mean to insult anyone.....choose what you feel comfortable with and can shoot most accurately with per your departments regs. I was taught to combat shoot, qualify then go on with my business. Even now I don't shoot for groups with a handgun, rather "kill" shots on half body targets (torso.) I've got all the calibers mentioned but have my preferences. Just defending my preferences when some say "their" decision is the only way to go. Be safe...stay vigilant and live on...........

Comment

Working...
                          X