Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear rifle stock support for shooting seated in a box blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    I use a Primos trigger stick under the stock. Very easy to adjust up or down if needed. Use a bag on the front window ledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Where on the stock do you locate the rear support?

Comment

Rear rifle stock support for shooting seated in a box blind?

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
      Where on the stock do you locate the rear support?

Typically right where you were talking about. It seems to just lock in there naturally. I've not noticed a punch to the mouth when shooting though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Typically right where you were talking about. It seems to just lock in there naturally. I've not noticed a punch to the mouth when shooting though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
        Could be the shape of the yoke.

Comment

Maybe this head would be better. Certainly the quickest fix.

Comment

Natchez has them for $19 shipped.
            I think I'll just cut the long ears off the one I have.
            It's all I use it for, anyway.

Comment

If you have two chairs in the blind, use the back of one chair to rest your elbow on while sitting in the other chair.

Comment

If nothing is handy to make a rest I, being right handed, always shoot from the right side of the window. This way I can usually put my right elbow against the wall giving me a 3 point rest, window, wall and shoulder. Makes for a very steady shot.
                Not all blinds will accommodate this technique.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been shooting with the Wiebad Pump Pillow (the name makes me laugh every time! Lmao) and it’s pretty awesome for all sorts of shooting positions. Weighs nothing and I’ve been using it to steady all sorts of seated position shots from a ground seat to a fold-out camp chair in a popup. I don’t do much shooting from a box blind but I’d sure take it if I was going to sit in a blind.

If it looks stupid, but it works…..it ain’t stupid! Tactical rifle shooters tend to be a dogmatic bunch. If it looks different or challenges the way we think, we shy away. This was the …

The bipod behind seems like a good idea to but it sounds awkward to adjust? Since I’m shooting off a bipod or tripod all the time, that’s a lot of legs to contend with. Prolly different in a box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a Primos trigger stick under the stock. Very easy to adjust up or down if needed. Use a bag on the front window ledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Do you use the bipod or tripod trigger stick Mike?

Comment

Could be the shape of the yoke.

I use the Primos monopod in the blond and have had no issues.

jrg

Comment

I use a BOG bipod and the most stable, repeatable and quickly deployed point of contact on the stock for the yoke is right behind the pistol grip.
                        Trouble is, I get a punch in the lip when I shoot, and that kind of sheeaat leads to flinching.
                        What do y'all do?
                        Is there some sort of connector for a carry-type bipod, like the BOG, perhaps with the bp yoke removed?
                        I am using the same setup, but I put the bipod in front of the trigger guard and it works just as well for me to keep steady but is not close to my face or arms

Comment

Another vote for the reaper grip. I know one of the co owners but that happened after I started using their products. Good group of dudes who make an awesome product.

Comment

Originally posted by PNOAK View Post
                            I am using the same setup, but I put the bipod in front of the trigger guard and it works just as well for me to keep steady but is not close to my face or arms
                            I've done that and don't like it. Behind the pistol grip seems more stable to me.

Comment

I cram my backpack under my elbow. This works best out of a chair with armrests, but I have also done it sitting on the ground in a turkey-lounger style chair. If you can steady up that chicken wing, it makes all the difference in the world.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X