Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
    Moisture and funky odors, mainly.

Changing your diet might be an easier option.

Comment

I need to install one of these in my bathroom to remove moisture.. I was thinking I would just go out the side of my house vs up through the attic/roof...whats the consensus, is that a appropriate application?

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
        Yep, it's code. Code enforcement knows best. So, vent it to the attic.
        Do WHAT??? You must not deal with code enforcement much.. I know you're joking, but don't even type that!

I'd vent it to the attic.

Comment

vent to soffit

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
            I need to install one of these in my bathroom to remove moisture.. I was thinking I would just go out the side of my house vs up through the attic/roof...whats the consensus, is that a appropriate application?
            If the eve is closer then go there to the vent of the eve. If the roof deck is closer and wood decking go there. Shortest-straightest run possible.

Comment

Do you have soffit / ridge vents on your house? You'll get more humidity through those than you ever will through a fart fan.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                Do you have soffit / ridge vents on your house? You'll get more humidity through those than you ever will through a fart fan.
                My thoughts as well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

All exhausting fan in a home should be vented to the outside. All new homes are built this way per ASHREA 62-2-16 code. If you have an existing fan or add a fan to a bathroom or kitchen vent to the outside you do not want moisture in your attic. I am in the business of building science an energy efficiency of a home just my 2 cents

Comment

I vented both mine to the attic but ran the duct so that it would vent out the attic turbines. Seems good enough to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mchunter67 View Post
                      All exhausting fan in a home should be vented to the outside. All new homes are built this way per ASHREA 62-2-16 code. If you have an existing fan or add a fan to a bathroom or kitchen vent to the outside you do not want moisture in your attic. I am in the business of building science an energy efficiency of a home just my 2 cents
                      Should listen to him ^^^

Mine are all vented to the attic.

Comment

Wet farts are worse than dry farts so you have to take that into consideration as well when trying to disperse any humidity/odors.

Comment

I have 5 total in my house. All are vented to soffit.

Comment

Your attic is or should be very well vented. There would be no problem just letting it go in the attic.
                            Now, I have seen dryer vents terminate in the attic and that's not good.

Comment

Only if it was real cold would you get condensation in the attic, which is not often around orange anyway. Most of the time the attic is hot and can absorb more moisture into the vapor.

Comment

I vented mine out the soffit... barely noticeable unless you're right under it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X