LBJ Grasslands 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
    Anyone have a decent KMZ or KML files of the property lines out at LBJ? The forestry service and APH maps are abysmally inaccurate and lacking in detail...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you need to download ARCGIS explorer on your phone. I have found these maps very accurate while using the GPS on my phone. Download the Caddo-LBJ grasslands map. I can give more direction if needed. It is the standard app for goverment maps.

Comment

Originally posted by skudbucket View Post
      you need to download ARCGIS explorer on your phone. I have found these maps very accurate while using the GPS on my phone. Download the Caddo-LBJ grasslands map. I can give more direction if needed. It is the standard app for goverment maps.

I have that for the Lake Lewisville area, but the search function is not finding Caddo or LBJ. Any other way to look for maps?

Comment

Found it... Had to include national in the name to get more than the location.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
          Found it... Had to include national in the name to get more than the location.

Good. That in conjunction with the lot number map on the lbj grassland page is all you need. I use the lot number mail to make notes on what I found at each one that may be useful to be whether it be for deer, hogs, frogs, bowfishing, etc

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skudbucket View Post
            Good. That in conjunction with the lot number map on the lbj grassland page is all you need. I use the lot number mail to make notes on what I found at each one that may be useful to be whether it be for deer, hogs, frogs, bowfishing, etc

Lbj grassland *wiki* page

Comment

My cousin and I plan on going out to LBJ this year to bow hunt. Just curious if there is any public land etiquette we need to know of? i.e. If daylight comes and we notice there are other hunters around us do we get up and find another place or stay put to not disturb the hunting area? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Makinbacon06 View Post
                My cousin and I plan on going out to LBJ this year to bow hunt. Just curious if there is any public land etiquette we need to know of? i.e. If daylight comes and we notice there are other hunters around us do we get up and find another place or stay put to not disturb the hunting area? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
                Personally in that situation I would stay put. I have walked through several guys spots out there while headed back to my vehicle and they have all came over and talked to me. Everyone I have ran into out there has been courteous and great to talk to. Good luck out there!

Comment

This has happened to me as well. Most people are super kind. If I see a headlamp coming through the area and I am set up, I flash my light at them to alert them I am there. Have never had anybody set up very close to me doing this

Comment

Went this morning and pulled my game camera, only had it out a couple of weeks. 1st pic has a buck in the background, last pic I assume is two doe.
                    Attached Files

Comment

to post pics do you have to have a photobucket?

Comment

No, I have a camera, not a bucket.

Comment

Joking, just resize to a smaller size as outlined in the "go advanced" tab and upload. I post from a PC, not a phone.

Comment

Originally posted by The newguy View Post
                            to post pics do you have to have a photobucket?

If you have the Tapatalk App on your smartphone, you can upload directly in the app.

Comment

Nice Buck!!! What unit is that ?

Comment

Originally posted by Makinbacon06 View Post
                                Nice Buck!!! What unit is that ?
                                According to the GPS tracking device I put under his truck, I'll let ya know for a few $ if he don't pay me to keep quiet.

Hi D!

Comment

Working...
                                X