Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    Post 3 has a little

Yes sir, that looks good. I think im guna go this route, just dont know if I wamt to go with blue or red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Head Hunter View Post
      I am considering a Triax. My draw is 30.5 so I know they go out that far. Question I have is... are any of y'all long draw shooters and if so are you having any issues with the string angles, accuracy, nock pinch, etc. I know the peep will be further away from my face due to the string angle. I have an elk hunt in NM in Sept. and want a new bow now. I have been a Mathews guy since the 90's. any help appreciated. I don't mean to hijack the thread and will be glad to start a new one. I want a stone colored with black limbs too! looks awesome!
      I have a 30.5 draw. The triax runs long so I got the 30” mods and had them put a couple extra twists in the cables to get those mods to 30.5. That also allowed me to have 85% letoff which I wanted. The 30.5 mod is only available in 75%. I shoot 70 lbs, and my other hunting bow is 75% which is largely why I was interested in another hunting bow.

The bow holds very well, and I have seen excellent accuracy from other shooters with similar draw lengths. I can’t say much on accuracy as I haven’t put it through it’s paces yet. Mine had a string issue so that’s being taken care of at the moment.

As for the string angle, it’s a 28” bow with big cams. If you have a normal anchor and facial structure at that draw length, the string is not going to touch your nose. You can anchor higher, tip your head a lot to the string, or just shoot without it touching your nose. One of those concessions is going to have to be made though if you have a normal anchor and build. I liked the bow enough to deal with that and have spent what little shooting time I’ve had with it anchoring higher. I also prefer hunting with a more compact bow after carrying 36-38” bows around for a couple of years. The thing that sold me on it was how quiet it was and how little vibration it had along with how well it held. Those things talked me into living with the string angle.

D

Comment

Here's mines set up for Hog Hunting at night.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm...one day! I'll have to settle for my Mission Ballistic for now.

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
            Here's mines set up for Hog Hunting at night.

Thats pretty awesome!

Comment

Hogwire strings made mine better

Comment

Originally posted by tyak View Post
                Hogwire strings made mine better

Are you cheating on your Halon?

Comment

I went all black.. added rattler grip cuz I dont care for the rubber grip. Archery Country custom strings.

I was very skeptical about the Triax before buying..shooting it at the range made me like it... but taking it on my trip to S. Africa made me a believer. Smooth, dead in the hand and quiet.

I am very happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Head Hunter View Post
                    I am considering a Triax. My draw is 30.5 so I know they go out that far. Question I have is... are any of y'all long draw shooters and if so are you having any issues with the string angles, accuracy, nock pinch, etc. I know the peep will be further away from my face due to the string angle. I have an elk hunt in NM in Sept. and want a new bow now. I have been a Mathews guy since the 90's. any help appreciated. I don't mean to hijack the thread and will be glad to start a new one. I want a stone colored with black limbs too! looks awesome!
                    30" draw here, and it's the best bow I've ever laid hands on and shot. No comparison. I'm in love with my Triax.

Comment

Working...
                    X