No announcement yet.

? About a dodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an '88 (360 w/4 speed), a '94 (v10 auto) and an '05 (Cummins auto). All were 3/4 ton 4x4's. All were dang good trucks and none of them had bad front ends or cracked dashes.

What is your question?

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
      I had an '88 (360 w/4 speed), a '94 (v10 auto) and an '05 (Cummins auto). All were 3/4 ton 4x4's. All were dang good trucks and none of them had bad front ends or cracked dashes.

What is your question?
      If it's worth it or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Laner7 View Post
        If it's worth it or not?
        Depends what the asking price is.Standard/auto.AC work?4x4 0r 2wd.

DJ

Comment

I had a 99 1/2 ton 4x4 for a company truck way back when I first hired on. I got it new and it was a total piece of crap. Actually all the dodge trucks we had back then were garbage. I never even reached 100K before they got tired of throwing money at it and replaced mine. Normal replacement mileage was 125K. The next year they got rid of all the dodge company trucks we had and have not gone back to them yet. I would run away fast!!!!

Comment

Had a 01 4x4 "off-road" May need a head gasket soon if it's a 5.9. Rebuilt trans at 140 and front end around 150. Mine had the 410 gears. Never got stuck except at every gas station you pass! Sold it at 177, shouldn't have.

Comment

My dodge truck is 2002 and has 318,000 miles. I rebuilt the engine at 300k. Have never had a problem with front end. Dash did crack. I have put in a tranny. This truck has never stranded me. I use my 4-wheel drive a lot and have never had an issue. Original A/C. I am a Ford guy at heart but would drive another Dodge in a heart beat! I think it is all in how you treat it and keep up the maintenance like anything else. My truck is the 5.9L.

Comment

Had a 2000...front end go out yet?

Comment

My wife has a 2000 gas burner with 178,000 and she loves that truck. She bought a new Toyota a few years ago but wouldn't sell her Dodge. She still drives it most of the time.

Comment

Mechanically my 04 dodge has been the best truck I've ever owned. I will buy one again here soon. I'm rough on trucks and this one has answered the challenge.

Comment

I don't know how y'all guys break your dodge trucks but they are definitely not as bad as some of you make it sound.
                      We've had 3 dodge trucks,the two gas we had had well over 200,000 miles on them and the diesel we have now has a bit over 200k and we've never had a problem with any of them.
                      My uncle also has a 1999 dodge diesel with over 400,000 miles and the only thing he's done on it is replace the clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by Laner7 View Post
                        If it's worth it or not?
                        Price? Motor? Drivetrain? Body style? All difference makers!

Comment

I bought an 05 Laramie four door with the 5.7 hemi magnum once. Only dodge truck I've ever owned. Also a ford guy. I will say that it had great power, best fuel mileage of any 1/2 ton I've ever owned, did pretty much whatever I asked it to do and was an all around good truck for me. Only real engine problem I had with it was the power steering pump and a short in the a/c. I put a little over 200k on it before I bought my F250. Sold it to one of my hands and he still drives it daily for work. He has put about 50 k on it himself. I believe it has around 275k on it now. I'd say it's been a real good gasser. I love my F250 powerstroke but actually would not hesitate on buying another dodge if I ever go back to a 1/2 ton gasser

Comment

Wife drives a 2012 Dodge Avenger. The motor seems ok but the interior is pure JUNK. Will be our first and last Dodge. Knobs loose and trim rings popping off under 10,000 miles. Electric seat broke at 40,000 miles. Wife is 135 soaking wet. I have driven the car no more the 10 times so I know its not me. Never again!

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                              Price? Motor? Drivetrain? Body style? All difference makers!
                              We are still negotiating a price, its a 5.9. Gas. Not sure on body style.

Comment

Isn't the real name FIAT Dodge Ram now?

Comment

Working...
                                X