Carni-four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carni-four

How do these fly? I read several threads & never seen anything about flight. Was the any tuning involve? My bow is stacking wac'em fixed blades right with my field points. Hopefully gonna get to try them out weekend after next. I really didn't want want to use a new head for practice, y'all think a 3 blade practice head would fly like these carni-fours?

No, they are mechanical. They fly like field points.

Comment

They fly just like field points

Comment

I lost a doe and a big 10 with carni-fours last year. The got mayber 3 inches of penetration! The doe ran for about 30-40 yards, then just walked across the field with most of the arrow sticking out!

I am convinced they did not open correctly. I called the company, and they admitted that they had some with springs that were too stiff!

Comment

discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621360

My experience with them.
          Very bloody

Comment

Agree with ^^
            I typically NEVER loose an arrow unless it's 30 yards or less. I just feel like their is to much that can happen, except last season I was hunting with my dad when a doe stepped out in a lane and ranged her at 38 yards. I put a carnifour in the boiler. I believe the blood trail could have been seen from an airplane, and she was out in 15 yards.
            My biggest buck to date was the same way only a lot closer shot.
            -They fly right with my field points, even in VERY windy conditions which is why I went to a mechanical head to begin with. I LOVE the old thunder head, but in a stiff cross wind I had noticed some movement in flight.

Comment

been shooting reapers for a long time. mostly the 1 3/4". have had nothing but pass throughs and big blood trails on deer. the big pigs that I didn't get a pass through on didn't go very far. Even though I firmly believe in "if it aint broke, don't fix it", I am very interested in trying these.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                I lost a doe and a big 10 with carni-fours last year. The got mayber 3 inches of penetration! The doe ran for about 30-40 yards, then just walked across the field with most of the arrow sticking out!

I am convinced they did not open correctly. I called the company, and they admitted that they had some with springs that were too stiff!
                sounds like you have other things happening , "stiff springs" would likely increase penetration because they did not open, not reduce it,,, bad hit location, could be a light weight arrow, not getting on you but I do doubt the lack of penetration was caused by stiff springs
                my son was one of the very first people in the state to actually use them ( I was a dealer) he killed 4 animals with the same head and it opened perfectly each time, and I even told him I thought the head might not open right because it was stiff...

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                  They fly just like field points
                  This

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                    sounds like you have other things happening , "stiff springs" would likely increase penetration because they did not open, not reduce it,,, bad hit location, could be a light weight arrow, not getting on you but I do doubt the lack of penetration was caused by stiff springs
                    my son was one of the very first people in the state to actually use them ( I was a dealer) he killed 4 animals with the same head and it opened perfectly each time, and I even told him I thought the head might not open right because it was stiff...
                    Believe me, I 2nd guessed myself severely aabout shot location, but these were 17 yard shots!

The unopened broadhead would have 4 blunt portions of the blade stopping the penetration through bone.

Comment

Want to try these on a pig

Comment

Believe me, I 2nd guessed myself severely aabout shot location, but these were 17 yard shots!

The unopened broadhead would have 4 blunt portions of the blade stopping the penetration through bone.
                        The Fatal Steels had a problem with the blades being to stiff to open. I smoothed the bottom part of the blade and it fixed the problem. You might want to look at that.

Comment

so you do think you hit bone? not many heads including fixed will do well on bone bigger than a rib

Comment

Yes they came with a gold spring and were very hard to open, a lot failed to open. They have replaced the gold spring with a silver ( I believe its silver) colored spring now. They are not the most durable head either.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	24493446
                            Last edited by critter69; 04-21-2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Good head we shoot them out of our xbow.

Comment

Working...
                              X