Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect

That should align right about the time for me to trade-in my '14

How will the power/torque compare to the 5.7?

Comment

GM of Toyota dealership and an accountant at corporate office I speak with often, nothing on the internet is verified and apparently no one knows what's going on with Tundra. As I do love my Tundra and 5.7 motor, its time for something. The kicked everyones butt in 2007 and havent made changes since.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
        What will the msrp be?

Probably

Comment

This is what I wanted to hear. I want a tundra but the dated look/ interior and bad gas milage have held me back. Hopefully they don't plaster the name on the tailgate like the others.

Comment

Ford already has the 3.5 twin turbo ecoboost and I'm averaging 20. Thirty seems almost too good to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
              30 mpg sounds really high. Ford already has the same engine essentially. It can get low to mid 20’s if your really conservative on the pedal. Interested to see if it can actually get 30
              It's a give and take on vehicles like that. 30 log, but in a regular cab 2wd with cylinder deactivation. Not saying it has then, since I haven't read any of the articles yet, but it seems too far fetched.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                Will they finally redesign the truck? I haven't been interested in a Tundra for years because it's a tired design. If they do a major overhaul other than than just a new engine than I'll be interested.
                Like have a truck bed that will fit more than a dog kennel in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Booger74 View Post
                  Like have a truck bed that will fit more than a dog kennel in it?
                  This is my hold up.....the short beds are a deal killer for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Last I read was '22....and no way in hell would I jump in on an initial motor release. I'll let somebody else be the guinea pig until they get all the bugs worked out.
                    This right here. I was a guinea pig once. Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
                      This right here. I was a guinea pig once. Never again.
                      From what I understand it is not actually a totally new engine design. It is based on one of the already existing engines in a Lexus model with some mods added. At least that's the way I understood it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                        Someone mentioned this on a comment on another thread so I looked it up to see if it was true. Sure enough, it looks like a new 3.5 Liter Twin Turbo is in the works for the next generation Tundra in '21. Rumors are that it will produce 450 horsepower with 500 pound feet of torque and get around 30mpg. If this does happen, I will seriously consider buying one.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/26/...450-hp-30-mpg/
                        Dang! The way you worded the description sound like you're one of those voiceover on the television advisement.

Comment

For that power and mpg, probably some hybrid design. Volvo has some twincharged 4 cylinders that are 300 hp and 30mpg, and I know mercedes has some 400hp straight sixes that are turboed and utilize an electric motor for launching and near 30 mpg.

Comment

Car and Driver's write up on the 2021 mentions nothing about a new twin turbo or engine. Could this possibly be for the 2022?

Edit...article by OP say's 2022.

Comment

Here is a new link that talks about the new truck.
                              https://allnew-toyota.com/pick-up-tr...t-2022-tundra/

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Last I read was '22....and no way in hell would I jump in on an initial motor release. I'll let somebody else be the guinea pig until they get all the bugs worked out.
                                I am, been waiting on this for a min now.
                                The last release was pretty much bombproof from the jump.
                                Don't mix Toyota up with the other idiots .

Comment

Working...
                                X