Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best .30 cal suppressor?

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Omega 300 , YHM, THunderbeast 7, and Gemtech the One are my finalists!

I want to eliminate the Omega 300 since all the SilencerCo negative talk

Sometiimes I research too much.....I know

You're considering Gemtech or YHM over a Crux?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dead Air Sandman L
      TBAC 7
      Sig srd762qd
      Crux ark

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Gemtech and YHM both suck.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          Gemtech and YHM both suck.

Hater!

Well at least half hater in this case. One is legit. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Hater!

Well at least half hater in this case. One is legit. [emoji12]

YHM was ok in 2007 gramps

Comment

You're considering Gemtech or YHM over a Crux?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
              Tell me why I should not. Crux is a newer company to my knowledge and other 2 been around longer and are bigger companies arent they?

Comment

Tell me why I should not. Crux is a newer company to my knowledge and other 2 been around longer and are bigger companies arent they?
                I was wanting to go with Crux since they were local.

But being small.....no one had them in stock and after waiting 6 months to make my first purchase I gave up on them. I went with YHM and have been ecstatic with the choice and now own several more YHM products.

Comment

Crux has been around a while just under a different name of Templar Tactical.

Just because the other two have been around longer doesn't make them better. Both YHM and Gemtech are considered budget cans. Crux is a precision suppressor. I have (2) YHM titanium cans and they work fine but I do get up to 3" of point shift between shooting with or without them attached.

My Crux cans have virtually zero shift and even across multiple platforms. What I mean by that is I have a ARK45 can that lives on my 458 Socom and I have an Archangel 30 that I use on multiple rifles. I can take for example my Archangel 30 and shoot it on my 6.5-284, then switch it to my ARK45 and there is less that 1/2" of shift. Same applies if I shoot it with the can attached or not. In reality if I shoot it with the Archangel 30 attached and then removed there is 1/4" or less shift and that much could be attributed to the shooter.

Comment

Crux has been around a while just under a different name of Templar Tactical.

Just because the other two have been around longer doesn't make them better. Both YHM and Gemtech are considered budget cans. Crux is a precision suppressor. I have (2) YHM titanium cans and they work fine but I do get up to 3" of point shift between shooting with or without them attached.

My Crux cans have virtually zero shift and even across multiple platforms. What I mean by that is I have a ARK45 can that lives on my 458 Socom and I have an Archangel 30 that I use on multiple rifles. I can take for example my Archangel 30 and shoot it on my 6.5-284, then switch it to my ARK45 and there is less that 1/2" of shift. Same applies if I shoot it with the can attached or not. In reality if I shoot it with the Archangel 30 attached and then removed there is 1/4" or less shift and that much could be attributed to the shooter.

The amount of shift is not as important as the repeatability. Most of us rarely shoot unsuppressed anymore, and most handload specifically for suppressed shooting.

I can tell you that my YHM cans are dead on each time that they are removed and reattached. I could not ask for better performance.

I like Crux (when they were templar tactical) but could never find one.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                      The amount of shift is not as important as the repeatability. Most of us rarely shoot unsuppressed anymore, and most handload specifically for suppressed shooting.

I can tell you that my YHM cans are dead on each time that they are removed and reattached. I could not ask for better performance.

I like Crux (when they were templar tactical) but could never find one.

I don't disagree with you but not all of us are fortunate enough to have a safe full of cans and hosts to go with them so I was speaking making assumptions that the OP may need the ability to move the can around to different hosts and may have opportunities to shoot both with and without the can attached.

I was just relaying my personal experience with my personal cans that I own both YHM and Crux. If yours doesn't shift much that is great. That has not been my experience and there is no arguing the Crux attachment system is much more precise than the YHM system.

Comment

I have shot a Crux and YHM before but not side by side. I hunt with a buddies YHM and he lets me leave his QD mount on my gun to throw on when I hunt with him.

I just have no experience comparing them.

Looks like CA does not carry Crux. And yes I plan on using this one can between 2-3 rifles

Comment

Whatever you decide, buy it from BigTex308 on here. He's treated me very well on mine.

Comment

I don't disagree with you but not all of us are fortunate enough to have a safe full of cans and hosts to go with them so I was speaking making assumptions that the OP may need the ability to move the can around to different hosts and may have opportunities to shoot both with and without the can attached.

I was just relaying my personal experience with my personal cans that I own both YHM and Crux. If yours doesn't shift much that is great. That has not been my experience and there is no arguing the Crux attachment system is much more precise than the YHM system.

I am talking about moving a can from rifle to rifle, Grendel to .308 to .300 RUM to .223

All repeatable every time.

Now I have 2 rifle suppressors and each one is the same way. I have a 3rd on order so me, my son and my dad can all hunt suppressed at the same time.

I started with 1 can and 5 hosts. All of them were repeatable, both in location and size of groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                              I am talking about moving a can from rifle to rifle, Grendel to .308 to .300 RUM to .223

All repeatable every time.

Now I have 2 rifle suppressors and each one is the same way. I have a 3rd on order so me, my son and my dad can all hunt suppressed at the same time.

I started with 1 can and 5 hosts. All of them were repeatable, both in location and size of groups.

My group sizes don't change at all. Just with the YHM cans, I see 1-3" of point shift between suppressed and unsuppressed. And these aren't on pencil barrel rifles either.

Comment

Was going to start another thread showing this video, but saw this thread back again, pretty cool

Comment

Working...
                                X