No announcement yet.

What’s with all the hats on the dash??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat bill hats- stupid lookin' and shouldn't even b allowed in pro baseball. It's an open forum, I ain't asking for nor do I need any comments.

Comment

What’s with all the hats on the dash??

My cap rides shotgun. But that’s only because it’ll wind up in the passenger floorboard if I don’t. [emoji15].

I do keep a boonie stuffed in the corner of my dash for easy deployment though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've got 3 or 4 on my dash. If I still had a gun rack in the back window I guess I could hang them there. I don't see the big deal about ball caps on the truck dash. I'm bald and wear one every time I'm out.

None are flat billed!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
          To cover up the out of date registration sticker so you can tell the policeman you didn’t realize it was out because of your hats in the way !
          I know someone that has done this. You don't just throw a hat up there. It needs to be a bright hat to draw their attention away from the registration.

Comment

I usually have a handful of ball caps on my dash since I wear ball caps all the time. If I didn't keep them there I'd probably lose them. Never noticed it was a thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't know it was trendy. It happens in mine when I get in the truck I take it off and put it on the dash, get home and forget to grab it. Next time I leave the house I put on a different cap and repeat the process until all caps are back in the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                No idea why some guys feel the need to have 8 but I may have 2-3 up there at any given time. One for work one for personal use hunting fishing etc and one dressier hat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Tell me about your "community use" hats.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  To cover up the out of date registration sticker so you can tell the policeman you didn’t realize it was out because of your hats in the way !
                  I did this for a number of years in college...registration and inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                    I didn't realize that this was a new fad, but I did see a big truck the other day and he had at least 15 hats on his dash. I thought "what tha heck is with all the hats?".
                    From what I see in our part of the woods, it’s the goober high school kids that collect the funky neon colored trucker hats and put them on the dash in a row. I guess the more neon hats you have the cooler you are? There’s one kid that puts his boat in the dirt ramp by my house and I always pass his truck parked on my way home. His dash looks like a rainbow with all the hats he has accrosnhis dash. I bet he has 20+

Comment

Yea I always have a couple on the dash. It's out of convince for me though especially on road trips where I might like to wear different ones for different occasions. Usually have a nice one that I don't want to get all sweat out and dirty and have the hat I like to work or play in.

Comment

I haven't noticed the 'trend'. But, . . .
                        1. I really don't wear hats very often - as long as I have 12 or 13 hairs left attached to my head, I will let them breathe.
                        2. I hate 'stuff' being in my line of sight when driving - things dangling from the rear view mirror, on the dash, etc. - it drives me crazy and gets removed immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                          Probably all flat bill too huh?

Like females with their shoes. The flat bill guys need their options
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                          This!

Comment

I usually have 3 or 4 up there but they are stacked on top of each other so just looks like one. One is my Dove hunting hat. Another is one of my fishing hats that has the little scarf thing that comes down over the back of the neck, and the other 2 are just extras. My son always forgets to grab a hat when we are headed out dove hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My guess, so they don't get smashed or sat on.

Comment

If they drive a dodge it's to hide the cracked dash

Comment

Working...
                                X