Double Down attraction capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    who do they share the LF side with? is any of that ranch HF also?
    A good portion of the LF side is bordering the Comanche Ranch and it is over 100,000 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
      A good portion of the LF side is bordering the Comanche Ranch and it is over 100,000 acres.
      Only a small portion of it is on that side of 277 and most of it is high fenced.

Comment

less than a mile of highway frontage and there is low fence open to 3 different ranches. Two of them for several miles along each side.

Comment

Comanche is a fairly good ranch to share a LF with - would you agree?

Probably one of (if not the best) ranch in Texas or the USA for that matter. A&M uses Comanche for many of their deer studies - unlimited funds and unlimited management. Their biologist is the best in the business and is full time.

In fact I would say it is the best managed ranch anywhere bar none. Go check the Boone and Crockett record book - full of deer off the Comanche.

So if you had your choice of a LF neighbor to enhance your own ranch it would be the Comanche.

Nothing wrong with that - but it sure does not hurt being their neighbor.
          Last edited by TKK; 05-02-2018, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post

Probably one of (if not the best) ranch in Texas or the USA for that matter. A&M uses Comanche for many of their deer studies - unlimited funds and unlimited management.

In fact I would say it is the best managed ranch anywhere bar none. Go check the Boone and Crockett record book - full of deer off the Comanche.

So if you had your choice of a LF neighbor to enhance your own ranch it would be the Comanche.

Nothing wrong with that - but it sure does not hurt being their neighbor.
            Yes its a fantastic ranch.

Comment

[QUOTE=TKK;13350974]Comanche is a fairly good ranch to share a LF with - would you agree?

Probably one of (if not the best) ranch in Texas or the USA for that matter. A&M uses Comanche for many of their deer studies - unlimited funds and unlimited management. Their biologist is the best in the business and is full time.

Nothing wrong with that - but it sure does not hurt being their neighbor.[/Quoted

Definetly makes it a little easier to grow low fence deer...."It's my feed! " .... naw brah, it's your deer get to live long lives with little pressure...

Comment

[quote=Mexico;13351074]

Nothing wrong with that - but it sure does not hurt being their neighbor.[/Quoted

Definetly makes it a little easier to grow low fence deer...."It's my feed! " .... naw brah, it's your deer get to live long lives with little pressure...
                I absolutely agree that great ranches that neighbor you help let the deer reach a very mature age. I also think that feeding a lot of feed helps, why would people invest in feeding so much if it didn't show proven results. Nobody has the same opinion, I know I have been to the ranch 3 times and have been amazed every time. They have a great program, and I have seen it with my own eyes. But thats just me.

Comment

[quote=Mexico;13351074]

Exactly, really helps when your low fence neighbor feeds cottonseed, protein year round, and then barely hunts it at all.

Comment

So it's low fence, no wait, it high fence, no no wait it's the neighbors, no no wait it's the neighbors cotton seed ring next door.
                    Here is what it is.
                    Great feed, management program and hard work with an incredible ranch manager that has put in the time and efforts to raise 13 200" trophy deer in the last 5 years, 6 more over 190", 5 more over 185" and Low Fence on a "deer lease".
                    Trying to blow out someone else's candle doesn't make yours any brighter. I can assure you this ranch doesn't want or need any neighbors bucks. It does its best keeping the bucks they have on their ranch feeding DD 12 months a year with 12 Miles of Low Fence on the front pasture and 4 Miles on the back pasture. There's some facts to fallow the sarcasm. I don't know if any ranch in texas or anywhere else that has an average 170"-200"plus freerange buck estimated per 130 acres. I've seen most of this ranch first hand. It is truly amazing. The determination and passion Brett has to grow these deer is even more amazing.

Comment

[QUOTE=Peyton;13293424]I’ve tried to share my experience here before, only to be bashed by the 100 acre lease hunters QUOTE]

That's hilarious and sad at the same time

Comment

As for the OP, the deer at my ranch have preferred dd over anything else I have fed them. I have seen good improvement in our deer in the past 3 years feeding it. The buck's mass has been most impressive. I also do not believe the Holden lease needs any of the neighbors deer as he has done incredible things with his lease. It has been very inspiring. I was a guest last year and it's absolutely amazing.

Comment

I can see the horns growing and I have not put it in the feeders yet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                            I can see the horns growing and I have not put it in the feeders yet!!

Are you feeding it to cows to improve their horn growth...??? [emoji41][emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                              Are you feeding it to cows to improve their horn growth...??? [emoji41][emoji12]

Yes, low fence cows...[emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                                Yes, low fence cows...[emoji106]

Don’t matter what breed they are now....if you’re feeding them DD, they will be longhorns by first weekend of November! [emoji12]

Comment

Working...
                                X