X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good job

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
      I went to my place this weekend and the radishes are destroyed. Never seen a plot so torn up. They have eaten most all of the tops of them. They haven't eaten the tuber yet but that should come with a freeze. I'll try to post up some pics next time I'm out there.

Need a rain bad....everything is wilting pretty good....but they are still hitting it.
      I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Comment

Update on the plots. The deer and insects really ate alot of the tops when I was there 2 weeks ago. The lack of rain had them looking really brown and destroyed...but we got a little bit of rain (1/4") and they have perked back up.

Most of the radish plants were over a foot tall a month ago but none of them seem to be over a foot now.....deer are keeping the tops mowed.

They have also started to eat the winter peas...
        Last edited by unclefish; 12-08-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Here is a wider view.

Oats and peas on the left...radishes on the right. We are expecting our first hard freeze monday night so I suspect the radish tubers will get annihilated. We need a slow soaker. They are keeping the oats mowed to half an inch.

Clover is holding its own despite the lack of rain.

Its always nice having a good helper with the feeders!!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Given the lack of rain, it looks pretty good.

Comment

You're detailed journal provides a lot of good info for us working up our food plot schemes. Thanks and congrats on your first buck out there.

Comment

Awesome thread!

Comment

Did you plant any alfalfa?

Comment

Thank you guys.

I never did plant any alfalfa. I really wanted to though. The seed alone costs about $200/acre to plant and the soil pH has the be close to 7. Mine is not quite there yet but I keep adding lime to it every year.

Its on my food plot bucket list.

Comment

I'm not familiar with gly is that a weed inhibitor? If so how do you apply, when, and in what quantities?

Comment

Gly is short for glyphosate/Round Up.
                          You can buy generic gly cheaper than round up. The 41% concentrate is the most common and works great. You have to dilute it from there.

I usually mix about 2quarts of gly with 25 gallons of water/ acre and get a great kill.

Tapachat

Comment

Great thread and great work unclefish. That sure is a nice buck and a just reward for all that hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Kade View Post
                              Great thread and great work unclefish. That sure is a nice buck and a just reward for all that hard work.
                              Thank you Austin.
                              I was out there today checking things out. The oats and clover are eaten to the ground.

The radish tops are still getting eaten but so far not much eating on the tubers. We've had 4 good hard freezes so we will see if they eventually eat them or not.

Radish tops destroyed.

Comment

I got my buck skull back and decided to mount it on some wood.

Comment

Working...
                                X