Purchase Colorado Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    No help here but in for the info.... I would like to do something similar... How much land are you looking for??
    5-10 acres is the plan right now.

Comment

Where are you wanting to buy up here? Mike Bosley at Spring Creek Realtors is a stand up guy and knows Colorado land really well. Worked with him for a while when I was looking for raw land to buy/build. Ended up accidentally coming across the cabin on 2 acres that I ended up buying while out exploring on my own that was FSBO and snatched it up. I would not hesitate to call Mike again!

Comment

we found our little piece of Colorado in the TBH classifieds.

It's about 30 minutes west of Pagosa.

I'll see if I can find someone to refer you to up there.

Comment

You need a good agent to help with your search, likely several to help add to your own online searching

My .02 from an agent perspective....You might be approaching it the wrong way.

If you are really searching an area from Denver to CO border then that is roughly geographically equivalent to searching from Dallas to Austin or in my case Nacogdoches to Dallas. If someone came in my office and asked my to help them find 5-10 acres between Nacogdoches and Dallas I would tell them that I can't be the best agent for them in all of those areas. I have my "target" areas that I'm good at but there are many "target" areas between here and Dallas. I can't be on top of things in that big of area....particularly for the thousands of listings that fall in the 5-10 acre category.

My advice....go to Pagosa Springs and find the best, most helpful agent there and start your search. Go to South Denver, or whatever, and find an agent there and do the same in several target areas. Let the agents know if you find there perfect property in that area, then you will buy it. You are better off not coming across as a buyer that is looking for land across half the state if you want to be taken seriously. Let an agent help you in the area that they know well...and no where else. Your search area is much too broad to get excellent service from 1 agent.

Good luck in your search
          Last edited by hardtner; 09-14-2017, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
            You need a good agent to help with your search, likely several to help add to your own online searching

My .02 from an agent perspective....You might be approaching it the wrong way.

If you are really searching an area from Denver to CO border then that is roughly geographically equivalent to searching from Dallas to Austin or in my case Nacogdoches to Dallas. If someone came in my office and asked my to help them find 5-10 acres between Nacogdoches and Dallas I would tell them that I can't be the best agent for them in all of those areas. I have my "target" areas that I'm good at but there are many "target" areas between here and Dallas. I can't be on top of things in that big of area....particularly for the thousands of listings that fall in the 5-10 acre category.

My advice....go to Pagosa Springs and find the best, most helpful agent there and start your search. Go to South Denver, or whatever, and find an agent there and do the same in several target areas. Let the agents know if you find there perfect property in that area, then you will buy it. You are better off not coming across as a buyer that is looking for land across half the state if you want to be taken seriously. Let an agent help you in the area that they know well...and no where else. Your search area is much too broad to get excellent service from 1 agent.

Good luck in your search
            That's a good point. Definitely appreciate the insight. In reality, what I am looking for is the Pagosa Springs, Grand Junction, Buena Vista triangle. In the broader picture, something within a 30 minute drive of national forest or conservation area's.

Thanks!

Comment

My in-laws just purchased property with a cabin in Pagosa Springs, San Juan NF...let me ask him the name of the fella he had helping him

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                we found our little piece of Colorado in the TBH classifieds.

It's about 30 minutes west of Pagosa.

I'll see if I can find someone to refer you to up there.
                I remember that place. I'm heading up tomorrow for some fall fishing on the Taylor River.

Comment

Working...
                X