The American dollar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    I like to see people invest in precious metals. I invest in lead. My lead will take your precious metals or anything else I might need.
    And if using your lead to take things I bet silver/gold would be last on your list. If you really get desperate enough to rob people you're probably really hungry, thirsty, cold etc. You wouldn't even look at gold.

Comment

Like others have said.... when we get to the point the dollar crashes, I'm not trading my ammo for your piece of shiny metal. It may be a decent investment tool, but it's not a SHTF tool. And you don't need tons of ammo, just the skills/tools to get the ammo from the guy that has tons, if needed.

Comment

Look up what happened in Bosnia during the civil war in the 90s....you'll need to time selling of your gold at right time before it starts diminishing in a total collapse scenario

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

What would you sell it for.....dollars ????????Already stated that dollars are worthless...the original reason for investing in gold. Would you sell or trade it for a pound of hamburger meat ????
          Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
          Look up what happened in Bosnia during the civil war in the 90s....you'll need to time selling of your gold at right time before it starts diminishing in a total collapse scenario

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
            What would you sell it for.....dollars ????????Already stated that dollars are worthless...the original reason for investing in gold. Would you sell or trade it for a pound of hamburger meat ????
            That's my point you would have to sell it off before it became worth hamburger meat... and how you would time that I don't know... in a scenario where there is a meltdown situation gold and silver will be worth something until it's too late and then it will be mainly bartering of goods and services

Comment

Just look up the Bosnia situation it's exactly what people are scared of and gold and silver was pretty much worthless after the first month

Comment

The idea that people will be trading gold and silver coins in a collapsed society has always seemed silly to me. They'll be trading fresh water, gasoline, services, etc. Gold/silver will be worthless.

Comment

Ammo and bibles...have you not seen the book of eli??

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    My concern is we can already produce man made diamonds. If/when someone figures out Gold and Silver....investors are screwed.
                    Well making diamonds is simple from a scientific standpoint: you take a piece of coal, put it up your bum, and think real hard about Hillary Clinton for a week.

The problem with "making" silver or gold is that it's transmutation, or conversion of one element to another (whereas creating diamonds is merely a change of structure of the same element). Which means you'd need a particle accelerator, a limitless supply of energy, and even then, you'd be making gold on the atomic scale, not ounces of it.

So don't be concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                      They'll be trading fresh water, gasoline, services, etc.
                      I'm pretty sure people will be paying the iron price for things, at least the first year after society collapses.

Comment

Don't worry guys, I have plenty of ammo. No guns though, I lost all those in an unfortunate incident.
                        A lot of interesting opinions though. Thanks for the responses!

Comment

FTR, some of you are correct.... "investing" in regards to metals was a poor word choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                            i think your wife is right.
                            Have you ever know one, who thought she was wrong??

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                              If things get that bad, ammo will be more valuable than gold or silver. Just sayin'.
                              X2. I have that one covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                                Just look up the Bosnia situation it's exactly what people are scared of and gold and silver was pretty much worthless after the first month

I work with a guy that grew up in Bosnia during the war. He said that money was worthless. The best thing to have stockpiled during those times are liquor, cigarrettes, food and ammo. If you have those things, you could barter for anything else you need to survive. Some of his stories from that time are scary as hell, bit hilarious too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X