This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oktx View Post
    8 won’t do it? Lots of folks here said they would be happy with 8.
    Maybe 8 regular season wins, I said he needs to find a way to win 9 (to be clear, total)..

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      Wait y’all wanna fire him after one season!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I want him to do his job. He has an entire season to get his **** together.

Comment

2018 College Football -Week 2

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        Maybe 8 regular season wins, I said he needs to find a way to win 9 (to be clear, total)..

7 wins is very plausible i just don’t see that getting him fired

Curious what’s his buyout?

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          7 wins is very plausible i just don’t see that getting him fired

I don't either. honestly. I'm tired of seeing the same product and yet a few folks are still employed that shouldn't be. He took over the playbook during the game and it was obvious, then later confirmed.

It's just money. He can get it right and I hope he does. I still think he can win big, but as mentioned... his ego is getting in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
            1. Because of Mack Brown's arrogance/stubbornness

2. Charlie Strong was out of his league

3. Because UT is getting killed in recruiting.......even their good classes aint panning out
            You have no clue. Texas has 2 outstanding freshmen QBs. TH just loves Ehlinger and it would make him look bad to pull him.

Comment

He might be able to sacrifice an offensive coordinator/coach or two to buy him another year? But it's way too early for all that!

Comment

I don't either. honestly. I'm tired of seeing the same product and yet a few folks are still employed that shouldn't be. He took over the playbook during the game and it was obvious, then later confirmed.

It's just money. He can get it right and I hope he does. I still think he can win big, but as mentioned... his ego is getting in the way.
                I agree with the ego part after seeing the press conferences. I can't ever recall GP not taking full responsibility for losses. Just say I didn't do enough to get them ready and go about your business and everything will be fine IMO. They need a QB though...

Comment

You’re probably right.

Comment

The problem is Maryland was chalked up as a win so now he’s playing behind the chains and will need to steal one from one he’s not supposed to beat and don’t have anymore hiccups.

He seems to dug in to change and that is going to get him run out of town.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      I agree with the ego part after seeing the press conferences. I can't ever recall GP not taking full responsibility for losses. Just say I didn't do enough to get them ready and go about your business and everything will be fine IMO. They need a QB though...
                      When I said the press conference was weird, I had to bite my tongue to not start quoting Coach Bryant Just say exactly what you said. In the event it is not the HC fault the fans will know it, but own it and put your nose to the grindstone.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                        You have no clue. Texas has 2 outstanding freshmen QBs. TH just loves Ehlinger and it would make him look bad to pull him.
                        Yeah, I have no clue

Outstanding QBs.....on paper

Have they proven anything yet

a top 10 recruiting class looks GREAT on paper

And it doesnt seem that Saban cares if it makes him look bad that he benched a guy that was 26-2 with a NC

Comment

If they have 2 "outstanding" Freshmen, then I would have expected to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

My thoughts if TH was worried about looking bad then he’s already an abject failure

Comment

These 2 freshman QB’s are outstanding on paper, right? Remember how good Sam and Shane were on paper?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                They are FRESHMAN they may be outstanding but why would you put in a FRESHMAN in that circumstance ? What exactly are you going to accomplish by putting in a freshman an who hasn't proven anything? Shane should have been brought in or a different game plan put together for Sam.
                                Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 09-04-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X