No announcement yet.

Props to Discount Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got new tires last week. I like their service and prices are decent. They will even take some off the price if you’re nice to them.

Comment

I have been a 100% Discount tire customer since 1984. That is coming to at least a partial end since they insist on me getting the size and rating tire they want me to have rather that the tire I want to run.

Comment

Guess I am the odd man out. We have to go there for our work vehicles and it always takes forever no matter which location I have tried. Anytime I have a small leak or anything the tires are almost always "bad" or something needs to be bought. They always say "man, who has been taking care of your tire needs? THey haven't been doing a good job for you. I am glad you came to see us." then I tell them that it has always been to discount tire and story changes. Had one guy tell me that line and that my tires were bad because whoever had been servicing me had put 100 psi in my tires when they had put them on a month before. They always say I need to come in and rotate em more often and I tell them I don't have 2 hrs to wait (average time I spend per trip). I will stick to my local shop in Sardis

Comment

Discount can defiantly wiggle on the tire price. You show them a lower price else where from a reputable place and they should match it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
            I have been a fan of Discount Tire for quite a while - very professional, great (usually free) service after the sale, etc. But I have had a couple of issues - two separate times I called about tires I needed, was told "in stock" and set up an appointment time. Both times when I arrived, they said they had the wrong tires and I had to come back another day.
            Anyway, I've got 71K on my 50K tires and one keeps losing air, so I thought it was time to replace. I check out their price on line - $150/each. I check around on line and see that Walmart has the same tire at $116.98/each. There is an 'additional costs' window on Walmart's website that states: "This price does not include tire service or disposal fees or any applicable state environmental tax."
            So, on Discount's website, I click the 'I found it lower' tab to see if they will match. I fully expect an email saying, "We can sell the tire for $XX, but our price includes everything - Walmart's has extras that make their price more than quoted."
            However, about five minutes after submitting the lower price, I get a phone call and the guy from Discount says, "We can do that. When do you want to get the tires?"
            So, I've got an appointment for tomorrow to get new tires at $33 off! I'm impressed because I've never thought tires had all that much profit margin in them to start with. (These are Goodyear tires.)

I hope you don`t have to come back another day

Comment

couple years ago I bought a new challenger. had 7k miles on it and picked up a nail in the sidewall. discount looks up the tire and it's a $389 goodyear. guy called goodyear told them my story and got them to take 1/2 off the price of the new tire. then he tells me since I will have to come back tomorrow and ride around on the donut for another day that he will do the mount and balance etc.. no charge.

he didn't have to do any of that. I didn't have certs on the stock tires. awesome company.

however, it always takes 1.5-2hrs no matter what I have done. even calling ahead and having an appointment.

Comment

I have always been a huge fan of Discount Tire until this past Tuesday. I ordered some new tires for my wife’s car on July 2nd and was told they would be there in 3-5 days. So we setup an appointment for her on July 10th at 11:30am. I call on July 9th to verify that the tires had arrived and they had not. So I tell the guy on the phone we need to change her appointment to a different, because I do not want her driving down there wasting her time if the tires are not in. He tells me do not cancel your appointment for tomorrow and guarantees me that the tires would be there via Fed Ex the next morning. So the next morning I call at 10:30 and speak with the manager that informs the tires still have not arrived but to not cancel my wife’s appointment because the tires would be there before her appointment. So she drives 30 minutes to Discount and they tell her they still have not arrived, but they got confirmation that they will be on the next truck arriving in about 45 minutes or so. So my wife and our 3yo son sit there for close to an hour and a half waiting for her tires to arrive and get put on. My wife finally goes and ask the guy at the counter what the hold up is since they still have not pulled her car in and he tells her “oh, I’ve been meaning to come tell you that your tires weren’t on the last shipment and that you will need to come back tomorrow”. Her appointment was at 11:30am and he tells her this at about 1:45pm after insisting we not reschedule the appointment. So after my wife got done chewing this guy out, I spoke with the manager on the phone and he ended up giving us some slightly more expensive tires for the same price so that she could get on her way. So she finally got tires put on after almost 3 hours, however they were a completely different brand than what I ordered.
                Last edited by LarryP_1989; 07-12-2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Had a bolt through my tire in the pouring rain here. They we're closing down past their time. Stayed open and replaced my tire. Will never shop anywhere else

Comment

Aside from telling them I don't need new tires every time I get a rotation I like them. I had quite a few friends work there in high school and they told a few stories but I've never had any shenanigans happen to me.

Comment

Make sure they put the hub caps back on good. I lost all mine after having them rotate my tires. They still haven't got back to me about that. Other than that, they have always been the best place to shop.

Comment

Word. I don’t buy tires from anybody but Discount anymore. The hardest part is talking them into bigger tires that “aren’t going to fit my truck”.

Comment

Discount is rough on your stuff. They focus on speed. That’s the only thing that bothers me. They will screw up the finish on your wheels in a hurry.

Comment

After being a strictly Discount Tire man for the last 30 years, I screwed up the other day and bought 3 sets of tires from 4Wheel Parts store.....

That wont ever happen again...sometimes saving a few bucks aint worth it...

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                              Discount is rough on your stuff. They focus on speed. That’s the only thing that bothers me. They will screw up the finish on your wheels in a hurry.

I always stand outside by my truck after they pull it in and watch them...mainly becasue I always look at my rotors and pads after they are off...
                              I had to explain to a kid that the impact wrench he just hammered my wheels on with went waaaaaaayyyyy past the 120# torque setting....He had no clue what torque meant and only went through the motions with the wrench...
                              The impact hit them at 300#....

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                                Guess I am the odd man out. We have to go there for our work vehicles and it always takes forever no matter which location I have tried. Anytime I have a small leak or anything the tires are almost always "bad" or something needs to be bought. They always say "man, who has been taking care of your tire needs? THey haven't been doing a good job for you. I am glad you came to see us." then I tell them that it has always been to discount tire and story changes. Had one guy tell me that line and that my tires were bad because whoever had been servicing me had put 100 psi in my tires when they had put them on a month before. They always say I need to come in and rotate em more often and I tell them I don't have 2 hrs to wait (average time I spend per trip). I will stick to my local shop in Sardis
                                Yep, they are just too busy these days, and aren't near as good as they used to be. I still use them for the savings.

Comment

Working...
                                X