No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 8 yo son and I got a doe this morning. Story and pics are posted “around the campfire” since it was on private land.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
      My 8 yo son and I got a doe this morning. Story and pics are posted “around the campfire” since it was on private land.
      Congrats!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Can I use hat in the left in the forest?

Comment

Congrats, soon he'll be getting it Don in the Sam as well!!!!!!

Comment

Harry I've got some blaze orange camo hats, But I don't think that's blaze camo?

Comment

Congrats Lee

Comment

Thanks guys.

And Harry, I would say no. Law says min 400 sq inches of blaze orange. Min of 144 on chest and same for the back. So let’s say a hat is, when flattened out, 10” in diameter. That’s 78 sq in. Add the bill which may be another (3x5”) 15 sq in. So let’s round down and say 90 sq in for the hat. 400-90 is 310. That means your vest better be around 12.5”x12.5”, both on the front and back. Make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                  Congrats!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                  Who was that masked man???

Comment

Wished I was hunting this morning. Would have been a great cool morning!

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                      Wished I was hunting this morning. Would have been a great cool morning!
                      I know, and tomorrow should be even better! Too bad I can't make it out there

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Lee, that's cool letting your boy be a part of it.

Comment

Thanks guys.

And Harry, I would say no. Law says min 400 sq inches of blaze orange. Min of 144 on chest and same for the back. So let’s say a hat is, when flattened out, 10” in diameter. That’s 78 sq in. Add the bill which may be another (3x5”) 15 sq in. So let’s round down and say 90 sq in for the hat. 400-90 is 310. That means your vest better be around 12.5”x12.5”, both on the front and back. Make sense?
                          Makes perfect sense

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                            Can I use hat in the left in the forest?
                            It does not make the required 400sq of showable orange as list TPWD

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Took the last buck out of the SHNF, so hunting maybe rough layer....lol. trail cameras paid off good. Browning cameras

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                                Well then you'd have every weekend warrior member of the pumping patch brigade from Houston and the entire surrounding area hunting out there. I mean if 130 - 140" deer were so common and easy to kill who would need/pay for a lease?

pretty nice public buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X