2012 Mathews Heli-M Bow Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Mathews Heli-M Bow Review

Last edited by JerryR; 11-17-2011, 10:31 PM.

We have one in our shop, nice bow. Lighter than the Element and has metal riser.
    All of the threaded inserts are titanium. However, I noticed slightly more vibration in the Heli-M than the Z7 series, I believe is due to the lighter weight, Also note, you put a FUNCTIONAL stabilizer of it, and she is back to sweetness

Comment

yea i held that bow, i feel like it would vibrate more, being that light. plus have more recoil

Comment

no sure I like all the "new lighter" looks cheaper to me,

Actually had a customer tell me I like me Z7, this lacks style... I couldnt help but laugh

Comment

HAAAAAAAAAAA that guy jerry on the video used to do all my bow work and fletch all my arrows when i was still living at home. he is based out of mabank TX. he knows his stuff and does beyond excellent work. He is a great guy to go to if you dont mind a bit of preaching.

Comment

well, vibration leads to "recoil" bows without recoil dont have much vibration either

The Bow is still by far a great bow... you just have to ask do I want light, or do I want less vibration

either way you probally wont notice by the time you are finished decking the bows out. I really dont understand why everyone is so wound up over .4lbs.. heck stabilizer difference and arrow weight difference can make more than that!

this post is refering to Z7 series or heli-m.... Not talking about choosing any other brand

Comment

oh im not griping about it or anything im just asking questions, yall sold me on the z7 extreme up there at the shop and i will be in next week to put it on layaway

Comment

You'll have to forgive me, I have a hard enough time remembering names, you cant possibly expect me to remember tbh identities as well. Choose either way, you still getting a great bow!

Comment

ha well ill be around, ill make sure to introduce myself next time

Comment

Originally posted by brent.westbrook View Post
                    well, vibration leads to "recoil" bows without recoil dont have much vibration either

The Bow is still by far a great bow... you just have to ask do I want light, or do I want less vibration

either way you probally wont notice by the time you are finished decking the bows out. I really dont understand why everyone is so wound up over .4lbs.. heck stabilizer difference and arrow weight difference can make more than that!

this post is refering to Z7 series or heli-m.... Not talking about choosing any other brand
                    2800 grains. That'd be a he'll of an arrow!

Comment

nice review Jerry. right on the money as always.

Comment

I was referring to people complain about .4lbs of bare bow weight, but dont relize all the weight including in the other stuff, stabilizers, sights, heavy(good)hunting arrows, and quivers. I have seen someone buy an element because it was light and then put the heaviest accessories on it...

Comment

Nice review as always Jerry! Heli-m sounds like a solid bow

Comment

I think its nice to finally have a Mathews bow do its advertised IBO. This is even more awesome that Jerry's apparent bow will do OVER IBO. People don't think Mathews has a winner here, but I'll argue that point all day. They improved upon everything I thought they could with the original Z7 platform. Removed all the red accents on the roller and cam module, less reflexed riser, DRAW STOP for a more solid back wall, and the weight of the Z7 XT was really closer to 4.4 lbs (advertised at 3.98# i believe) due to the ** on the Mathews site saying without accessories like the harmonic dampers or the heavy harmonic stabilizer. So in all reality Mathews shaved almost a whole pound off this bow and still raised ATA by 2". A winner in my book!

Hey Jerry, do you have time today to weigh an xtreme and let us know true bare bow weight so we know the actual difference between the 2? Thanks.

RW

Comment

Great review as always Jerry . Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X