Delay on Gun Purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delay on Gun Purchase?

Hey guys went to Academy last Friday to buy my boy a Winchester SXP 12 gauge other day and it came back delayed. Sometimes I get delayed and sometimes not but if I do I always hear something in a couple hours. I figure with all this stuff going on everyone is getting delayed. Anyways he said it could take 30 days??? WTH? I thought after a few days and they hadnt heard anything back they sold you the gun.

Never had a delay, knock on wood. Do you have a real common name?

Comment

no delay with a chl ....other than their ability to fill out paperwork

Comment

I had a delay one time. It was in Louisiana. Never knew why though. Got my pistol in 4 days.

Comment

I had a delay purchasing my MP5 even with my CHL... Never heard of such a thing.. so I thought maybe with the recent divorce I got some order that I did not know of not the case but I had a 15 day wait. A month later bought a new pistol no delay as they did not even call it in like they never do and I was good to go.

Go Figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
            I had a delay one time. It was in Louisiana. Never knew why though. Got my pistol in 4 days.
            She lost count...

Comment

Think they have 48 hours to call back if they do not call back you can pick it up not sure if the hours are right but no way it's 30 days

Comment

Can't be 30 days unless that's Academy policy. Every gun shop I have worked at has told me law is 5 business days.

Comment

Im not concerned with the delay. What Im concerned with is that Academy told me 30 days. They told me that after 30 days that NCIS cleared there data and I could fill another sheet out. I told the idiot that I wasnt DENIED I was DELAYED. He said "I guess I dont understand what your saying...." Yeah go figure.

I need to know some facts on this delay process. I was always under the impression if they did not hear anything back in 3 or 5 days (cant remember) that they could sell you the gun.

Comment

I just had a delay on a guy but I can give him the weapon on Friday the 10th unless the ATF tells me otherwise so its 4 days.

Comment

Academy is very wrong !

Comment

Had them tell me the same thing a few years ago before I had my Chl. And I would have probably went back but the manager was a real "Richard" about the situation. So I took my money elsewhere. Better decision anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          She lost count...
                          Lmao!

Comment

I know there not doing it to everyone, because Saturday I bought a shotgun at walmart and was out in about 30 minutes.

Comment

I thought it was 72 hrs with no response and it was yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X