Advice on used RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on used RV

After reading the thread on buying a used RV (vs new). We found this Coleman for sale. But one question. Looking at the picture, there is a fair amount of "waviness" to the exterior on the back end. Is this a concern??
    Attached Files

To me it would be of concern but It seems they all look that way.
    Looks like separation of the adhesive holding that skin to the underlying structure.
    Of most concern would be the roof. Get up there and look it over very well. I have seen dozens on them on the road with a big bubble on the front. If the roof coating is loose in the slightest wall away.

Comment

I'm definitely not an expert, but at the very least, there is some adhesion letting lose of the siding. Also, the slide out looks uneven and is not fully extended.

Comment

Delamination. Could be nothing, but could indicate moisture. Ide pass on it if it were me, unless it was a smoking deal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
          Delamination. Could be nothing, but could indicate moisture. Ide pass on it if it were me, unless it was a smoking deal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          Me Too

Comment

Awesome, guys. Kinda what I thought, but I have very little experience. Thanks.

Comment

Check the roof! Thats the number one problem on used RV’s

Comment

Keep looking. No need to buy someone’s problem.

Comment

Not normal. Those are kinda “budget model” campers new. ( not knocking them, just lower end campers). That’s either adhesive failure or moisture damage... or both.

If goal is to pull it somewhere once and park under a cover... and a great price. Might be ok
                  If you plan to travel with it and leave exposed to elements it’s probably on borrowed time

Curious as of asking price if not to personal?
                  Last edited by Low Fence; 09-16-2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    Not normal. Those are kinda “budget model” campers new. ( not knocking them, just lower end campers). That’s either adhesive failure or moisture damage... or both.

If goal is to pull it somewhere once and park under a cover... and a great price. Might be ok
                    If you plan to travel with it and leave exposed to elements it’s probably on borrowed time

Curious as of asking price if not to personal?
                    2014 model , $18000. For a little more, we can get a brand new one. So looks like we will keep looking. Not in any rush.

Comment

Originally posted by wickll View Post
                      2014 model , $18000. For a little more, we can get a brand new one. So looks like we will keep looking. Not in any rush.
                      I bet it didn’t cost that new cash price. I’d definitely keep looking.

They will finance them forever with 0 down so people buy them keep em 3 years and owe full price on a unit worth 1/2 value

Comment

Working...
                      X