Coleman treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legacy 45 View Post

I've got this one probably needs some work. Hasn't been used in years.
    That aluminum case stove is a cool one. Coleman only made them for one year. If you ever want to sell it I will take it.
    Last edited by Arrowsmith; 05-22-2015, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy 45 View Post

I've got this one probably needs some work. Hasn't been used in years.
      That is a model 442 made in 1963. There should be date stamp on it. Coleman also made a 443 three burner aluminum case stove. Both models were only made for one year.

Comment

That is a great looking old stove.

Comment

Yeah my fil was putting it in a garage sale 8-9 yrs ago. I said how much he said take it. Been in the garage ever since. Need to see what it would take to get it working again.

Comment

It probably won't take much to get it burning. If the take is rusted inside fill it with Vinegar and let it set a couple of days. Rinse it out with gasoline. Your pump leather is probably dried up. Pull the pump plunger and soak in motor oil it will swell up and be good as new. Fill the tank about 3/4 full of Coleman fuel, pump it up and see if it will light. Heck....its only 52 years old. Its got a lot of life left in it.

Comment

Anybody else have some Coleman treasures to show off?

Comment

Pretty cool Timm. I have an old lantern but that is it. All you pics remind me of deer camp back in the 60s and 70s as a kid. Great memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                  Pretty cool Timm. I have an old lantern but that is it. All you pics remind me of deer camp back in the 60s and 70s as a kid. Great memories.
                  Well let's see that old lantern.

Comment

Picked up a 12/62 228E and 5 gallon water jug. Hoping to get more cool stuff in next week.

Comment

I believe you have a problem Timm.

Comment

It's a good problem.

Comment

My brother likes to collect the old Colemans. We both think the old ones were the best.

Comment

425, 2 - 413's and 426D stoves These stoves are going to need some love for sure. I will probably throw out this old cot unless somebody wants it. Keeping the pads. Got two lanterns 220E and 220F. Mike(Arrowsmith) and I split this gear.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shooter View Post
                              My brother likes to collect the old Colemans. We both think the old ones were the best.
                              The old ones have character.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                                The old ones have character.
                                Is the cot in decent shape Timm? If so, I'll take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X