No CHL in Texas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hudson05 View Post
    Agree with the argument that a CHL is a demarcation point for easily pulling stats on legal carry v. gun crimes. However, the government requiring any type of permit to carry a gun is a slippery slope and 30.06 and 30.07 signs are clearly unconstitutional in my opinion. If a private business wants to request that nobody carries a gun into their establishment fine, but having a tool that makes it illegal to carry is an infringement upon my individual right to choose how and where I'd like to protect my family.
    Use the drive through or don't go in. Still your choice. You don't like the business model, stay out and support another.

Comment

We heard some of the same old arguments when OC was proposed and im sure it was the same with CC. Crazies with guns, innocent people being shot, blood in the streets etc, etc, etc. Is this happening everyday in the other 12 states where constitutional carry is legal? I highly doubt it because if it is, it would be all over the news! It amazes me how little faith Texans have in other Texans!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting fact from my class a few days ago. It is illegal to have a gun in the parking lot of a post office. Not just the premises, the dang parking lot to. Never knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          I'm not a fan of jumping through hoops in order to defend my life and those of my family. The founders never intended anything more out of a free people than to protect you and yours. Obviously, criminals have no license. Aren't we at least as good as them ?
          Agreed

Comment

Mike D, I find your arguments a little confusing. To summarize, you feel that a class should be mandatory to practice our constitutional right under the 2A but shooting proficiency should not be a requirement. Is that correct?

If so, do you see how your arguments are in conflict in this case? The constitutional right is either absolute or its not. You aregue as though it's absolute in the case of a shooting requirement but turn around and advocate for a mandatory class. You seem to want it both ways simply because you learned something about Texas Penal code that you didn't already know when you took the class. You do realize that the penal code is a public document, right? Anyone can access and read it any time they want.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjams4110 View Post
              Interesting fact from my class a few days ago. It is illegal to have a gun in the parking lot of a post office. Not just the premises, the dang parking lot to. Never knew that.
              Where have you been? I've never taken the class and knew that.

Comment

It amazes me how little faith Texans have in other Texans!
                You really need to get out more.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  Where have you been? I've never taken the class and knew that.
                  Your Avatar couldn't have been more appropriate.

Comment

Federal vs state property. when you are dealing with federal entities/property, state laws go out the window in most cases.

There are a ton of odd ball laws concerning LTC even at the state level. One that comes to mind:

30.06 does NOT have to be posted at every enterance to be valid. 30.07 does.

Last edited by fishingsetx; 01-11-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                      You really need to get out more.
                      Lol,

Since 1/1/16,

How many guns have been jerked off someone's hip?

how many MWAG calls have been made to LEO's,

how many OC'ers have been shot first by criminals?

How many duels at high noon?

How many times have officers stopped OC'ers just because they were carrying?

These were all hot point arguments for not allowing OC in Texas, and just like in other states, it just hasnt happened.

Same will go for Constitutional Carry.

Explain to me why it wont work here when it works just fine in 12 other states? What makes Texas so different from the rest?

Comment

Chl

So If it passes does that mean you will be able to carry a pistol during bow season with out Chl while your hunting

Comment

I would have to think so. Honestly that was the main reason I took the class.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod View Post
                            So If it passes does that mean you will be able to carry a pistol during bow season with out Chl while your hunting
                            I would have to think so. Honestly that was the main reason I took the class.
                            Can someone link to where carrying a handgun while bow hunting on private property without a CHL is illegal right now? I know it used to be, but I thought they changed that law in/around 2015. I cant seem to find anything that says its illegal. The annual used to say you had to have a CHL, but now all it says is the animal must be taken with legal archery equipment.

Not saying yall are wrong. Im just curious becuase I thought they changed it

Comment

It was changed last legislative session. It is no longer in the TPWD hunting guidelines because it no longer applies. In other words, if it doesn't say you can't, then you can.

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude View Post
                                It was changed last legislative session. It is no longer in the TPWD hunting guidelines because it no longer applies. In other words, if it doesn't say you can't, then you can.
                                I hunt public land, it was in there. No handgun during bow season unless you had a LTC.

Comment

Working...
                                X