No announcement yet.

Rattlesnake Bite.....with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad your dog is doing better. Glad u have pet insurance. Sounds like a great preventative measure.

Comment

Been in meetings all day. Sophie came home last night around 8:30. She was still pretty drugged up. Slept off the drugs, now she is alert, but not really into eating or drinking anything. Still pretty swollen and in some pain, but overall doing real good. Looks like she should make a full recovery. The only thing we are unsure of now is the extent of tissue damage in the leg from the venom. Wife stayed up with her most of the night.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Comment

Update

Well, it's been a week since the bite. The vets have been battling an infection and some pretty bad tissue damage. She goes back to the animal hospital later this afternoon and will be prepped to have her leg amputated in the morning. It wasn't the first option, but the one with the highest odds of success while putting her through the least amount of pain, not counting putting her down. Which really wasn't an option. Wife is pretty torn up. But animals do MUCH better than most humans when it comes to losing a limb.

Comment

dang that stinks!!
          deff have yall all in our prayers...God has a plan!!

Comment

Sorry to hear that hope it all works out

Comment

Oh man.... I bet the little Fella will do well. Like you said... we are such wimps compared to them. Praying for all to go well and have your little Fella back to normal soon. Thanks for the update.

Comment

I'm so sorry she's going to lose the leg, but as long as she feels good, you should, too. I'm glad you were able to save her.

On the pet insurance, does it cover death, other than natural causes?

Comment

Dang Steve, that's rough. I bet in a few short months she will be her regular old self and get around just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    I'm so sorry she's going to lose the leg, but as long as she feels good, you should, too. I'm glad you were able to save her.

On the pet insurance, does it cover death, other than natural causes?
                    I'm not sure on the death benefits. I'll have to look that up. It does cover injury due to snake bites!

Comment

That's no good but dogs do adapt very well to losing a leg. I have a three legged dog and I could never tell a difference in how he got around after it happened. And honestly I really don't think he knew anything was much different after he lost a leg.

Comment

Sorry to hear that she has to lose her leg. Good thing the vet is just across the street.

Comment

Man that's sad. I hope all is well after surgery.

Comment

Easy sugery... From experience, well except for the poor guy with the bone saw, that is WORK....

Dogs do GREAT as tripods... way way better than people losing a leg

let us know

Comment

Man, I hate to hear that she took a bad turn, but I'd much rather have a 3 legged dog than having to bury one.

I hope she makes a quick recovery and is back to herself, very soon.

Comment

Wow!! Thats terrible. Hope he recovers quickly.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                                X